Found a car for parts...

-

1971Scamp440

Never forget 9/11
Reaction score
Hey all! I just found a '69 crysler new yorker and ran the vin and fender tag #'s. It's got a 440 and a HD 727 automatic in it! I am betting it also has a 8 3/4 in the rear too. I just want the car mainly for the drive train, I'll scrap the rest of the car unless I find people need parts. Does anyone know what all rears came in them? As big and heavy as they were I can only imagine a 8 3/4 would be in the rear. Also, are there any other parts I can use off of the car for my 440 swap going into my Scamp? Any brake parts or what not? Any other parts I may want to pull off?

I stand corrected...I was just looking on BBD and see it might just have a 9 1/4....would this be worth keeping and putting in instead of a 8 3/4?

I stand corrected...I was just looking on BBD and see it might just have a 9 1/4....would this be worth keeping and putting in instead of a 8 3/4?

The 69 440 and 727 will be a good combo for your swap. The New Yorker's oil pan will probably be the correct 187 pan for the swap. The 8 3/4 rear (and yes there is a 99 percent chance it WILL be an 8 3/4) will be way too wide for an A body. After you pull the drivetrain, put the rest of the car on Ebay. You might get a few hundred for it.

The 69 440 and 727 will be a good combo for your swap. The New Yorker's oil pan will probably be the correct 187 pan for the swap. The 8 3/4 rear (and yes there is a 99 percent chance it WILL be an 8 3/4) will be way too wide for an A body. After you pull the drivetrain, put the rest of the car on Ebay. You might get a few hundred for it.

I know it will be to wide for an A body, but if its a good one, I'll take it. I'm planning a mini tub anyway so I planned on having a 8 3/4 worked over anyway. Thanks for mentioning that it will probably have the correct oil pan...I forgot about that!

It WILL be an 8-3/4. You can use the entire rear end, including the brakes, if you get it narrowed. If it's got front disc pull those off as C-body discs are hard to find. They are also hard to sell, but somebody will happy you saved them.

If the dash dimmer and headlight are in good shape they will bring as much as $100 (same as 68-70 B-body rallye dash and possibly the standard dash, too).

The 69 Ignition switch is RARE and worth as much as $75 with keys (make a matched set with the door cylinders as these fit every 69 Mopar passenger car).

It WILL be an 8-3/4. You can use the entire rear end, including the brakes, if you get it narrowed. If it's got front disc pull those off as C-body discs are hard to find. They are also hard to sell, but somebody will happy you saved them.

If the dash dimmer and headlight are in good shape they will bring as much as $100 (same as 68-70 B-body rallye dash and possibly the standard dash, too).

The 69 Ignition switch is RARE and worth as much as $75 with keys (make a matched set with the door cylinders as these fit every 69 Mopar passenger car).

Thanks for the info Jim. Now I'm just hopeing its a 742/489 with a sure grip! What are the chances?

Jim the 69 switch is available now as a repop , but still grab it and the door locks .

John, is it a true repop or is it the modified 68 switch that I have heard about? I've got one spare 69 switch left that I need to sell, but I haven't tried real hard.

I scored the 69 Crysler New York!!! The old fella sold it to me for $175.00!
It's got a 440/HD 727 and a 8 3/4. Big heavy old car like that, any chance it has a steel crank? It's a c body, but if you guys need some parts let me know! Woo hoo, I'm stoked

If it's a 69 440 that has not been apart it HAS a steel crank, no cast cranks until a few years later. That's a good buy.

If I was a betting man, and I am, I would guess that the old C has a suregrip rear in it. Most of the high trim models from those years did, although it will probably be a 2:76 or 2:94. Jack it up and check, and report the good news. It will also probably be a 489 case unless it is an early built car. Nice find, the 440 could be the 375 HP motor also, they usually put them in the high trim C's. Also check to see if it has the C-body HP exhaust manifolds, they are worth $150.00-200!! Good find!!! Geof

-
Back