Found a set of Stage VII Mopar Heads

-

Supernatural

Reaction score
Good for a street car to be used on the street/track.Good idea? Part#P5153654 or should I go for something else?

Plugs are angled 15 degrees, and .3" wider than stock. I'm not sure if my Schumacher headers will work or I will be able to remove the plugs.:help:

the angled plugs are better then the straight ones.

I know this, but will they fit or not with my headers was my question.8)
Will I have to mod my exhaust or will they go on like a glove? They are taller than oem heads..

I think they take a the same header as the standard Indy -1s and SRs (not the EZ heads).

I think they take a the same header as the standard Indy -1s and SRs (not the EZ heads).

From Mopar sight: Cylinder Heads, Stage VII
These heads have a flow rate of 325 cfm intake, 226 cfm exhaust, at .700" lift.
1 P5153823 Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Max Wedge, Raised Port, Stage
VII, 75cc, Angled Plug, 2.20" Intake, 1.81" Exhaust, 290cc
Intake, 100cc Exhaust, B/RB.

I wonder if i'm opening a can of worms. I don't want to give myself a headache with this. Would I be better off with a set of bolt on heads? Doesn't McCandless or some companies make killer bolt on heads? I want my car to run Hard. 130 or + ;) in the 1/4.8)

what i meant was the plugs will be easier to get to. they are angled away from the pipes. the raised exhaust port will be tough on in the chassis headers. the torsion bars will be in the way because they wrap under them. with the stock heads i had to dent the top of a few of the tti pipes to clear them. with the 440-1's i had to remove them altogether.

My Edelbrock performer rpm heads have angled spark plugs. I like them. Raised ports are going to cause you problems. Indy makes heads with standard port locations for people with A-bodys because they've ran into this problem. Its not that it can't be done, but for a street strip car? I wouldn't go through the trouble. My eddys have 2.18 intake valves, 1.81 exhaust w/ 83cc chambers. I run them on my yellow 73 dart sport. see pics in my profile. I'm using the hooker headers that exit through the wheel wells though. Its a blast on the street. Idles great. stop and go traffics no problem. nice.

What has to run 130mph+? What car? What's the existing car or package? You should choose a head that will do what you want when paired with the rest of the engine and car.

I thought I would be pulling my hair out if I went with the VIIs. Yellow73.
What do the eddys cost with similar set up? :read2:

What intake do you run? I have a Performer rpm 440 already.

My Edelbrock performer rpm heads have angled spark plugs. I like them. Raised ports are going to cause you problems. Indy makes heads with standard port locations for people with A-bodys because they've ran into this problem. Its not that it can't be done, but for a street strip car? I wouldn't go through the trouble. My eddys have 2.18 intake valves, 1.81 exhaust w/ 83cc chambers. I run them on my yellow 73 dart sport. see pics in my profile. I'm using the hooker headers that exit through the wheel wells though. Its a blast on the street. Idles great. stop and go traffics no problem. nice.

Its been awhile since I bought them but I'm thinking they were around $1600 fully assembled w/ valve springs rated for .600" lift. they came with the 2.18" intake and 1.81" exhaust valves. You can get either 88cc chambers or 83cc chambers. I got the 83cc ones. I put them on strait out of the box with no port work.

What has to run 130mph+? What car? What's the existing car or package? You should choose a head that will do what you want when paired with the rest of the engine and car.

My Duster. 440/727/390.gear. My rotating assembly is basically a balanced forged six pack motor sans 6bbl.=P~ I want to do a nice top end for her..:snakeman:

I know. Years back in the late 80s early 90s I had an injected blown 57 belair on the street. 21.50 sneakers 9" MW rear the whole nine. The cops asked me on many occasions to lay down some stripes :-D. I always backed out because I thought they wanted to bust me.

Actually the sargeant had a hemi rr and was for real. After a car show in which I had taken a pic with ED "The Ace" McCullough standing next to my car who just happened to be there. I did a small dry burnout and then smoked em for about 200 feet.:toothy10: All the while the cops blocked the road.. True story.:snakeman: Today is another story :angry7:. I would never get away with that again,and how many pro streets are on the road? I mainly see Asian mosquito powered fartcans annoying motorists with their buzzing noise.

I like it alot. The problem isn't with the car, its with everyone wanting to race me all the time and the cops won't leave me alone. That kind of takes the fun out of it.

The guys with the tin can imports with the bumble bee exhaust don't get messed with, niether do the guys with the hopped up new camaros and mustangs. They just hate old muscle cars for some reason. I have a buddy with a 69 chevelle who gets pulled over all the time. Its primer grey, with nothing special about it. He doesn't break the law in it. He thinks the cops hate Younger guys in muscle cars. He's 28 and I'm 29. I guess there could be something to that.

Sounds like a rebadged ebrock Victor head , you are going to want a real header on that .

Good for a street car to be used on the street/track.Good idea? Part#P5153654 or should I go for something else?

Plugs are angled 15 degrees, and .3" wider than stock. I'm not sure if my Schumacher headers will work or I will be able to remove the plugs.:help:

-
Back