found a superbird!!

-
Yea, I'm actually looking forward to find out what this turns into.
but, Hell... Even a '70 Firebird in good shape is worth $3,000. You can still go in there with a open mind.

I was thinking too, maybe the guy meant $300,000.00? :)

Who knows? I'll be watching this thread though! Good luck!

Maybe I should put one of those wings on my Duster? :)

Yah well could be a typo I dono. im gonna be in an out checking my e-mail to see if he e-mails or calls me but we will see...
I have been lucky in the past on great deals before.. 400 for a nice running driving 54 pickup complete and registered... and 100 dollers for a 65 dart everything there.. so it does happen. But who knows. he hasnt responded in a day already so it could be real and sold already or maby scam.
ill keep everyone posted and see if I cant get pictures

Yea, that waiting game sucks. You don't know if you should call him, or whatever? Especially something like this, it must be driving you crazy!

I hope that it is the real deal and you get it bought. That way we could say we know someone that really did get one of those unbelievable car deals.

There is deffinatly deals to be had.

I have bought many,

One funny story I have is a freind of mine called me up and said he saw an add for a 67 dart GT. it was a complete car, and it came with tons of parts. we are talking SS springs, Bird catcher scoop, two extra fenders, two rear 1/4's 8 3/4 rear end, sure grip, New interior not installed...ETC ETC. $700.

My freind said, " I'm not a dodge guy But It sounds like a good deal"

I got the phone number and decided to call because it did sound good. After talking to the guy on the phone, the list of parts that came with the car doubled, or trippled. I started thinking that this is either too good to be true, or its a typo in the add.

I asked the guy, " how much are you selling it for?

and he said "seven"

Well that could be seven hund, or seven thousand.

I set up a time to look at it, and apon arrival I noticed that all the parts were in new condition, and the car wasn't nearly as rough as he said. I was posative I was looking at a car for $7,000, not $700, so I asked again, how much are you asking, and he said "seven"

Now I am standing there, looking at one hell of a deal, or not that good of a deal. what do I do? buy it and give him $700 and look like a fool when he says..no $7,000 you idiot. Or do I walk away not knowing the actual price?

I decided to ask one more time, but I said it this way " whats your bottom line?" when he said sixty five, I know he was talking thousands. so I kinda hummed about it for a while, and said I'm guna have to think about it. Thanked him for his time, and walked away.

Now...

This superbird....

are you sure he said Three, meaning $3000, or $300,000 Deals are out there to be had, but I don't think this is going to turn out to be what you think.
another RT dart story

I would love for you to prove me wrong.

Send us some pics when you can.

Phil

It is a scam if it is this one.
Check out the ads from more than one place in the country.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1575763609.html

http://grandisland.craigslist.org/cto/1555427140.html#userbody

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/cto/1546421826.html

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/1535593994.html

These are just the ones that have not been flagged yet. All the same car with $2900 price tag.

I bet thats it then.

First add above is in Cali, and the poster interested in it is in Cali.

DON'T EVEN BVOTHER GOING TO LOOK AT IT! You putting yourseld in a bad situation.

Phil

It was also listed in these places but has already been flagged.

1970 ROADRUNNER SUPERBIRD ALL ORIGINAL - $2900
Jeffersonville, INCars & Trucks3 days agoForward
More Details - Flag this post

1970 ROADRUNNER SUPERBIRD ALL ORIGINAL - $2900
Silver City, NMCars & Trucks1 week agoForward

SUPERBIRD 1970 PROJECT
Buffalo, NYCar Parts4 weeks agoForward

I think Oklacarcollecto just solved this one.

If you find a $3000 Superbird, it will probably have Bigfoot driving it and the Loch Ness Monster in a lake behind it. And a piece of the Roswell UFO in the trunk.

And Recall Warrior wheels to boot.

And a '32 ford grille in the back seat, wrapped in the Shroud of Turin.

I think Oklacarcollecto just solved this one.

If you find a $3000 Superbird, it will probably have Bigfoot driving it and the Loch Ness Monster in a lake behind it. And a piece of the Roswell UFO in the trunk.

And Recall Warrior wheels to boot.

And a '32 ford grille in the back seat, wrapped in the Shroud of Turin.

LOL!! Just like the LOL spammer that is milking good hard earned money from people. I wonder how many suckers have sent him money via the internet. At least our member was smart enough to go look at it and that is why no replies from the spammer.

I think I'd pay 3000 to drive one for the weekend. I know a guy who picked one up for 10,000 back in the early 80s. Some lady had it in her garage didn't know what it was....or so the story goes, a petty blue one.
10,000 in the early eighties??? That is WAY overpriced for back then. The well known McDill Auto Wrecking Superbird sold for $4000 in 1982. It was a 440 six-barrel, 4-speed, petty blue car with ridiculously low miles. I saw it sitting behind a open door when I was in there buying a 4-speed for my GTO. The owner asked if I wanted to buy it. I told him it was the ugliest thing I ever saw and it wasn't worth half that. I did mention I'd race him for it that weekend. He knew he'd lose, so he declined. Now I'm thinking I should have bought the thing.

Im gonna call this one a fake then... Because the first e-mail said I wanted to come see it and all I have got no reply or phone call...
Son of a B**** oh well, it was fun anyways.

I have found similiar "deals" in Southern California in my local paper and upon trying to contact the seller with the E-mails and phone numbers in the adds nobody answers the phone and nobody returns the E-mails. If they do respond they usually want something like $100 to hold the vehicle for you...and then off to another scam they go. If you do get a hold of somebody let some of the So Cal FABO members know and we can all go down together and introduce ourselves while you finalize the deal.

this cars posted all over craigslist. he using pics of a bird that was on ebay over a year ago.

Im gonna call this one a fake then... Because the first e-mail said I wanted to come see it and all I have got no reply or phone call...
Son of a B**** oh well, it was fun anyways.

Hey, if you never check out a deal that appears to be too good to be true you will never get a deal this is. You did what I would have done except I would have not posted about it until I had a done deal because of the fear of someone else getting on the deal just because I mentioned it.

When I got on this thread I had you Califorina Craigslist ad in mere seconds. I waited to see what would happen and then I thought about running it up the tree to see if it was also posted elsewhere. That is when I found it all over the country.

Yeah, I ran across a Cuda scam the other day. 73 Cuda driver for $2900. Then, 2 cities down, I see the same car for $14k. Same pics and everything.

LOL "I don't know much about the car, just bought it a few weeks ago" Yeah that's not a give away.... Who they hell goes out and buys oddball classic cars that are obviously restoration projects if they "don't know much about it" Bought it a few weeks ago and selling for 2900? Either he bought it for a fair market price vastly more expensive than he is selling it for and wants to start a mopar collectors charity drive by giving it away for pennies on the dollar or its an amazing coincidence that there are two sellers who have apparently both been living under a rock for the past 20 year and haven't a clue to the cars value. You think these scammers would get smart, he could at least try to sell for 29000 or something remotely plausible.

There is deffinatly deals to be had.

I have bought many,

One funny story I have is a freind of mine called me up and said he saw an add for a 67 dart GT. it was a complete car, and it came with tons of parts. we are talking SS springs, Bird catcher scoop, two extra fenders, two rear 1/4's 8 3/4 rear end, sure grip, New interior not installed...ETC ETC. $700.

My freind said, " I'm not a dodge guy But It sounds like a good deal"

I got the phone number and decided to call because it did sound good. After talking to the guy on the phone, the list of parts that came with the car doubled, or trippled. I started thinking that this is either too good to be true, or its a typo in the add.

I asked the guy, " how much are you selling it for?

and he said "seven"

Well that could be seven hund, or seven thousand.

I set up a time to look at it, and apon arrival I noticed that all the parts were in new condition, and the car wasn't nearly as rough as he said. I was posative I was looking at a car for $7,000, not $700, so I asked again, how much are you asking, and he said "seven"

Now I am standing there, looking at one hell of a deal, or not that good of a deal. what do I do? buy it and give him $700 and look like a fool when he says..no $7,000 you idiot. Or do I walk away not knowing the actual price?

I decided to ask one more time, but I said it this way " whats your bottom line?" when he said sixty five, I know he was talking thousands. so I kinda hummed about it for a while, and said I'm guna have to think about it. Thanked him for his time, and walked away.

Now...

This superbird....

are you sure he said Three, meaning $3000, or $300,000 Deals are out there to be had, but I don't think this is going to turn out to be what you think.
another RT dart story

I would love for you to prove me wrong.

Send us some pics when you can.

Phil

This happened to me before I got into mopars I almost got a Mustang for $800. The guy said $800 over the phone but meant $8000.

Man, that's got to be kind of embarrassing! EEK! I know I've been in the situation before when someone says... "7". I'm like?? "7" what? Are they just messing with me or what. I feel like choking them when that happens!

Wow! What's the approximate location of this legendary machine? I'd like to take some high-resolution pictures of it at some near-future point. 8)

I got this shot in Westminster, but I've seen it running around in the Arvada area for the last few years. I was going to start my own thread with the picture but it worked for this thread so I used it. :-D

That Grand Prix is uglier than a dead dog! I've seen it around town way too many times!

I think you nailed it, whenever I see the thing I can't take my eyes off the wing to get good look at any markings. A Mopar stuck in a GM body?

hey sorry it didn't work out for ya. there's always someone out there trying to rip someone off.

I got this shot in Westminster, but I've seen it running around in the Arvada area for the last few years. I was going to start my own thread with the picture but it worked for this thread so I used it. :-D

I think you nailed it, whenever I see the thing I can't take my eyes off the wing to get good look at any markings. A Mopar stuck in a GM body?

-
Back