Found at bottom of lake!

-
Reaction score
Uh…wow! First commenter comes close to correctly identifying it, but I think he's off by a year; I think it was a '61, not a '60. Does anyone else see my clue?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9yihmudXOU"]REMAINS OF OLD CAR FOUND IN BOTTOM OF LAKE! - YouTube[/ame]

Couldn't say for sure. What I do know is that I am gonna lose a lot of time watching the connected videos of abandoned dealerships, lost Russian tanks, Route 66 dust bowl relics.....

Thanks Dan.

Couldn't say for sure. What I do know is that I am gonna lose a lot of time watching the connected videos of abandoned dealerships, lost Russian tanks, Route 66 dust bowl relics.....

Thanks Dan.

Yup, like this one....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J4gcWuHNJA&feature=related"]Mystery '60s-era Car Pulled From B.C. Lake - YouTube[/ame]

gotta wonder where the rest of it went.

It's been underwater for decades. The rest of it no longer exists. That's a big clue as to what tips me off to 1961 vs. 1960.

redbeard.gif

The worst part is that you never know where you end up. Start with abandoned cars, click to WWII relics in a cave, click to bat caves in NM, click to Ted Williams greates batting moments, click to Ted Williams the homeless golden voice, click to a blooper reel from The Voice TV show, end up on a Blake Shelton music video......

1960 had a A323 2 spd. auto, but honestly i tell what that trans is?

P.S. after some parts lookup i see that trans listed as 1961 also on some sites. so i guess that wont help.

Nope, never any 2-speed automatics in A-bodies. Transmission options in '60-'61 (and other years, but those are the two years we're talking about here) were A903 3-speed manual or A904 3-speed automatic.

Thanks Dan. Learned something today, and that's always a good thing :D.

At least the body I hid in the trunk is gone.

tail lights?

btw ...dunno why...the sound doesn't work for me in the first video....

-
Back