Found Me Another Valiant

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I found this Valiant today, hoping to maybe pick it up within the next month. The body is very straight and solid, trunk floors solid, no rot. The only rot I could find was the driverside floor and the very bottom edge of the rear quarters, solid front fenders and under the hood too. Looks like original paint but has some nasty moss on it from stitting under a tree so it looks worse than it is. Slant six with a 3-speed, may even run. I really want another Valiant, this one really fits the bill! :cheers: Any idea what it may be worth? Wish me luck! :toothy10:

64val.jpg

64val7.jpg

64val4.jpg

64val2.jpg

64val5.jpg

64val6.jpg

64val1.jpg

If you get it, I suppose there will be some more late nights in Keiths garage!
Looks solid, make a cool driver, or big block transplant.

It looks like another money pit.

But it sure could be sweeeetttt!!!!

Mike

I do have an A-100 straight axle and seats....also a 360 and a 440....:toothy10:

I just noticed the front fenders are different, the driver side looks like a 63 fender? Or the passenger side a 65? The sloping V-shape is greater on the driver side.

I do have an A-100 straight axle and seats....also a 360 and a 440....:toothy10:

I just noticed the front fenders are different, the driver side looks like a 63 fender? Or the passenger side a 65? The sloping V-shape is greater on the driver side.

Good eye, didn't notice that.

Hmmm, I see a build-up thread in your near future. :poke: As far as cost its hard to say considering around here in CA prices seem to run quite a bit higher. I have seen a few runners lately with an asking price around 800 to 1200. Good Luck and keep us posted!

there is one around here for 2000 i want. it has been sitting with the for sale sign in the window for over 3 years lol. i think a turbo fulie /6 would be killer in there backed by a 5 speed 3.55 or 3.91 gears mini tubed with some more modern sized wheels and tires. thats what i would wanna do to mine lol it looks good tho:)

I,m with Camd64 on the price,it may need clutch work?Still a nice find and we know you,ll turn it into a monster!LOLGood Luck!:burnout: A-post with the most!

Nice solid car to start with. 64 drivers fender 65 pass. I love your little 66, saved some nice pics of it in "my pics". I just sold the sedan in my av~ pic for 3Grand. Tried to post bigger pic, but are too big...halp) Tried to sell it ALL summer for $6500, everybody that saw it @ cars shows etc... Said how much of a deal it was, but nobody made an offer, Had it on C-List, no calls, just offers to buy the rallies, so I sold it to the ONLY caller & serious buyer... Ok, I did get some cool Mopar parts too. Ps. it had 1/2 of a 340 in it!

$500-$1000 is what it looks like to me, good luck, I am sure we will pics of it beside your lil 66 soon. Nice it has pedals already, cause I know you will make it another 360 stick car! Much better than a 440 in an early A IMO. NOt that a 440 wouldn't be neat as well... But you know!

I say well over 1k and I am sure that another sedan will feel right at home at your place :sunny: Good luck Keith \\:D/

500-1000 is all I would give for her. But thats just me. If you want it realy bad you could go up to as much as 1500. Good luck. Hope you get it.

As far as value goes, I gave $1000 for same basic car that I drove home 30 miles after purchase. Am still driving it around when I can. I think $400 to $700 ramge is fair price. Good luck, it looks like a fun project.

Nice car Kieth! Very nice, some guys can find them I tell ya!! I hope you can get it and save another beautifull early A-body.

I found this Valiant today, hoping to maybe pick it up within the next month. The body is very straight and solid, trunk floors solid, no rot. [...] Slant six with a 3-speed, may even run.

Good luck with the purchase! It looks pretty sweet to me. Value is hard to nail down, and is certainly different in a snowbelt where it's hard to find rust-free, but I kinda agree with the 500-1k assessment. (Of course, wanting it bad is never conducive to getting good deals, eh?) ;)

One thing jumps out at me-- the distance between the heater hoses and the valve cover is large enough that this might be the low deck engine. While it seems that a lot of you are drag racing, a few of us think a 170 is quite a prize. If it is, and you eventually decide you don't want it, I'd love a chance to rebuild another one...

Yes, the passenger fender is from a 1965. A lot of the chrome looks fairly complete, at least one of those headlight rings looks great, the windshield isn't even foggy... and the instrument chrome looks respectable. Too bad that master cylinder leak did a number on the firewall paint. Yea, I'd agree with the "money pit" idea. :) You could spend a lot of time turning this into a creampuff. But I personally think it'd be worth it.

- Erik

64 Valiant, 170 3-spd
82 Volvo wagon, 5.0 5-spd :)

-
Back