Found my build sheet. Mostly

-

swies

Wish I had more time.
Reaction score
I pulled out my back seat to put the new upholstery in it and this is what I found!
Hard to read for sure.
I am going to try and get it pieced back together. Anyone that has done this, advice is appreciated.
Biggest surprise is the bottom. I am pretty sure it says "SPECIAL HANDLING CAR".
What does that mean?

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG

nice I wish I had that much !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I found on another mopar site: sorry doesn't explain much:
Special handling" has nothing to do with the cars suspension. It has to do with how the car was built on the assembly line. Something on your car was special ordered and the factory needed to do something out of the ordinary with it. They needed to "handle" it differently then the other cars going down the line.

Do not use Scotch tape to put it back together. That's a huge mistake. Use a clear plastic sleeve. 8x11

Do not use Scotch tape to put it back together. That's a huge mistake. Use a clear plastic sleeve. 8x11

Found the build sheet in my 75 Duster (which was behind the rear seat as well) and like stated above, DO NOT Use Scotch Tape. I put mine in a plastic sleeve but the kind that is like a book and not connected on the other 3 sides. Kind of makes it easier to put in the plastic.

That is what was looking for!!!
Thanks for it.
I will start mine this weekend for sure!
I also have heard there may be others in the car..
If so, where might I look for them?

Look under the front seat bottom, on the firewall side of the glove box liner & under the carpet for more, those are the most common places for a sedan.

Compare the VIN to any you do find to the one on your car also, the factories did mix them up at times, especially in the seats.

Thanks for the info. I will check some more tonight when I get home.
The one I did find does match my VIN. Was the first thing I checked.
Still trying to track down some of the codes on the fender tag.
I was just at your site to see if I could find some of them.

Y39 is Special Order. With that & The K-prefix VON, it was likely part of a 'fleet order' of some kind.

So this is what I found.
If anyone can fill in the blanks, I would appreciate it.

Code Description
E44 318-2 Barrel
D34 TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
LL41 UNKNOWN
G5B UNKNOWN
273165 Sequence Number '273165'
EW1 Paint Code: White / Alpine White
A2X9 Trim Grade/Style/Color
A = A Class
2 = Vinyl Bench
X9 = Black
DX9 Upper Door Frame: Unknown At This Time
514 Date Built: 5 / 14 / 1975
K30080 Order Number: K30080
EW1 Roof Type OR Color: White / Alpine White
U Built to Specifications for USA Order
B41 Front Disc Brakes Some Yrs. Power
G25 Manual Vent Window
G52 Unknown At This Time
H51 Single Air /w Heater
J42 Delete Front Licence
N37 Unknown At This Time
R11 Music Master Radio AM
Y39 Special Order 69-71
26 26 in. Radiator
L2 Unknown At This Time
474 Unknown At This Time

LL41 UNKNOWN

G5B UNKNOWN

LL41G5B;

L - Dodge Dart

L - Low price class

41- 4-door sedan

G - 318 engine

5 - model year

B - Hamtramck, MI assembly plant

Can you post a photo of your upper door frames? (the part with the lock button forward) Is it painted or padded?

514 Date Built: 5 / 14 / 1975 - This is actually the SPD - Scheduled Production Date. Check the MDH code of your door sticker for the final build Month/ Day / Hour

G52 Unknown At This Time

G52 - LH remote chrome mirror

J42 Delete Front Licence

J42 is actually the floor boom dampner. Look above the rear of your driveshaft for an odd shaped weight with a rubber mount hanging from the floor.

N37 Unknown At This Time

N37 - Exhaust system with catalytic converter

L2 Unknown At This Time

L2 - Build on assembly Line 2

474 Unknown At This Time

474 - these numbers range from 001 to 999 (so far) but they do not seem to have any correlation to anything on the broadcast sheet, it still remains a mystery to me.

That is all GREAT information. Thanks so much.
I have attached a pic of my upper door frame interior. It is steel painted black.
Does this help?
LL41 UNKNOWN

G5B UNKNOWN

LL41G5B;

L - Dodge Dart

L - Low price class

41- 4-door sedan

G - 318 engine

5 - model year

B - Hamtramck, MI assembly plant

Can you post a photo of your upper door frames? (the part with the lock button forward) Is it painted or padded?

514 Date Built: 5 / 14 / 1975 - This is actually the SPD - Scheduled Production Date. Check the MDH code of your door sticker for the final build Month/ Day / Hour

G52 Unknown At This Time

G52 - LH remote chrome mirror

J42 Delete Front Licence

J42 is actually the floor boom dampner. Look above the rear of your driveshaft for an odd shaped weight with a rubber mount hanging from the floor.

N37 Unknown At This Time

N37 - Exhaust system with catalytic converter

L2 Unknown At This Time

L2 - Build on assembly Line 2

474 Unknown At This Time

474 - these numbers range from 001 to 999 (so far) but they do not seem to have any correlation to anything on the broadcast sheet, it still remains a mystery to me.

0728152050a.jpg

TX9 upper door frame paint is typical for black paint, but DX9 is new to me since 1975 cars are out of my regular area of study.

Look for a UDF box on your broadcast sheet & see what it says?

The registry itself includes 1970 Hamtramck & 1970 LA built cars.

I do list all items in the 'found' section as original items are sent in though regardless of model year / assembly plant because it needs to be done.

It is a financial struggle to keep just those parts going.

So, I do not see it ever being financially possible to expand into registries for other years / plants.

The registry itself includes 1970 Hamtramck & 1970 LA built cars.

I do list all items in the 'found' section as original items are sent in though regardless of model year / assembly plant because it needs to be done.

It is a financial struggle to keep just those parts going.

So, I do not see it ever being financially possible to expand into registries for other years / plants.
Understood. I will still be making a donation to help out. Hope you don't mind.

-
Back