Found one of those elusive 71 Swinger 340's for sale!

-
Huge appraisal value but where are you going to find another of the 40 built?

1971 340 DART SWINGER SPECIAL | Classic Cars | Edmonton | Kijiji

Not mine, wish it was, etc, etc....

Now where'd I stash that extra $80K?!? :D

There's another one right here in Victoria...

View attachment 1715106329

IMG_1983.JPG

terrible link. Total PITA to view on my mobile. I'm sorry I tried to view it, there's 5min of my life I can't get back.

It's still here on the island...it's in my garage.:D

Nice... I figured that question would flush out the owner since only the owner would know! :canada:

What the history on that Special (restored already? Crosstown car? 4spd?)

Not even close to being factory correct. Yikes!

Maybe you can expound on what you see that's not correct, I know he has an MSD ignition and a chrome gas cap and a chin spoiler maybe an aftermarket carb and maybe the hood pins and looks like he's missing the jack, I'm not an expert but from these pictures that's all I can see that's not correct. Now to be fair I've seen this car up close and know that it doesn't have the correct seat also but it is a really nice restoration pretty comparable to the one I'm doing on mine with the exception of those few easily changed items. I'm pretty sure that the owner Richard like everyone would like to get the most he can for the car but knows the appraisal is mostly for insurance purposes and not necessarily realistic for what the market would pay.

Last edited:
Nice... I figured that question would flush out the owner since only the owner would know! :canada:

What the history on that Special (restored already? Crosstown car? 4spd?)

The previous owner bought the car in 1980 with 40K on it (after it was a repo) and only drove it in good weather,otherwise it was kept in a garage.The exterior was repainted in it's original color back in the 80's but the car is otherwise un-restored and has just over 100K on it now.
It's a 71 Crosstown car that likely spent it's entire life in Edmonton until I bought it this summer and brought it to the island.It's an auto shift car that came with the hood scoops which not all 71 Crosstown cars did.

For the top dollar he is asking. It better be a whole lot closer to factory correct. Close is only for horse shoes & hand grenades.

Not even close to being factory correct. Yikes!
I do have the Jack and original spare tire all paperwork minus the original bill of sale correct motor transmission manifolds etc. like the ad says some mods anything that I did can be put back and I have all photos of all the markings on this car and all body serial numbers I'm planing to clutch it black out the hood and maybe vinyl top the car Unless someone out there has a nice clean 70 340 4 speed to trade me

Maybe you can expound on what you see that's not correct, I know he has an MSD ignition and a chrome gas cap and a chin spoiler maybe an aftermarket carb and maybe the hood pins and looks like he's missing the jack, I'm not an expert but from these pictures that's all I can see that's not correct. Now to be fair I've seen this car up close and know that it doesn't have the correct seat also but it is a really nice restoration pretty comparable to the one I'm doing on mine with the exception of those few easily changed items. I'm pretty sure that the owner Richard like everyone would like to get the most he can for the car but knows the appraisal is mostly for insurance purposes and not necessarily realistic for what the market would pay.

And that's what it's all about. Everybody wants top dollar when selling. Nothing wrong with that. Like I always say. Don't like the price? Then don't buy it.

I do have the Jack and original spare tire all paperwork minus the original bill of sale correct motor transmission manifolds etc. like the ad says some mods anything that I did can be put back and I have all photos of all the markings on this car and all body serial numbers I'm planing to clutch it black out the hood and maybe vinyl top the car Unless someone out there has a nice clean 70 340 4 speed to trade me

So from your last sentence, I gather your cash price would be in the neighbourhood of a good H-code 70 Swinger then... those seem to be advertised in the $30-40K (Canadian) range these days although I have no idea what the cars are actually selling for. Is that the ballpark of what you'd honestly take for your 71?

On a related topic, were the 340's actually blue in these cars? I would have assumed (dangerous!) that they'd have been orange like the 71 Demon 340 but then I don't know very much about why these cars exist and how they were put together by Chrysler.

On a related topic, were the 340's actually blue in these cars? I would have assumed (dangerous!) that they'd have been orange like the 71 Demon 340 but then I don't know very much about why these cars exist and how they were put together by Chrysler.

The 71 340 Swingers were built late in the model year (May 1971) which was after the change over to painting all the engines blue.

So from your last sentence, I gather your cash price would be in the neighbourhood of a good H-code 70 Swinger then... those seem to be advertised in the $30-40K (Canadian) range these days although I have no idea what the cars are actually selling for. Is that the ballpark of what you'd honestly take for your 71?
I have the car sold for 40 I just have to drop it off at the end of next week I would like a 70 lined up before I let it go a nice clean 70 is 40 plus my pls 70 sold for 45 to the guy that wants this one the cars that are 30 need 30 plus put into them not looking to rebuild a car looking for a finished one I have found one in Ohio that I like just going to check into shipping

For the top dollar he is asking. It better be a whole lot closer to factory correct. Close is only for horse shoes & hand grenades.
And I so have to reply to this guy lol the appraisal price is not what I was asking and I think you need to find something else better to do then pick **** apart on other people's cars. Soif I decide not to sell this car To the guy that wants it. When I moleste it you will be the first guy I will be thinking of lol

-
Back