FOUND!!! Power steering pump shaft seal

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
I need to replace the power steering pump shaft seal on my 68 barracuda, I have the TRW pump. When I look it up in the local auto parts stores here they offer one for the Saginaw pump, and one for the Chrysler pump, and then they list one for what they say is the ford pump??? When they refer to the Chrysler pump are they talking about the TRW? there listings don't show the TRW pump? Am I missing something does anyone have a part number for the correct shaft seal for a TRW pump?
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:
Look on rock auto. You usually have to buy the rebuild kit to get the seal but its cheap.

I did buy the rebuild kit from Rock Auto and everything in the kit is correct except the shaft seal. The one they sent me in the kit is for a 3/4" shaft the shaft on my TRW is 11/16" just a little to big. Another problem with the local auto parts stores is that they don't carry the shaft seal in stock, they can have it the next day but there is no I/D size on the seal, don't want to order the wrong one again.

Heres the Gates kit I bought. I buggered up the depth on the pulley, so i had to remove it and repress it on. I think i had to replace the shaft seal again also.
National 8773S.

20210630_184155.jpg

20210630_184129.jpg

Thanks Steve I will look it up. I have ordered the 8773S seal, it will be in tomorrow morning. I will let you know if it was right.
Thanks
Bob

Last edited:
-
Back