Found this on eBay

-
Actually, it's been pretty nice this winter. The most snow we've had at one time was maybe three inches, if that. It was gone in a couple days. It was in the mid to upper 40s today and sunny. Forecast calls for upper 50s this weekend, and 60s and 70s next week. I'm still waiting for Mother Nature to realize she forgot about us this winter and kick us in the balls while we're not looking.

Boy that is a nice parts car for someone!

I know what you mean by a kick in the nuts! Mother nature forgot us to this winter. Well she is paying us back by having F4 and F3 Tornado's. Wiped quite a few little towns off the map. A little to close for me! I would have rather had the cold and snow!

Actually, it's been pretty nice this winter. The most snow we've had at one time was maybe three inches, if that. It was gone in a couple days. It was in the mid to upper 40s today and sunny. Forecast calls for upper 50s this weekend, and 60s and 70s next week. I'm still waiting for Mother Nature to realize she forgot about us this winter and kick us in the balls while we're not looking.

Hey I'm from decatur. What side of town are you on 65 loveaffair? It would nice to meet up with another early a owner in a town full of suvs, truck, and imports.

I live just off S. Jasper St, about two blocks up from Lake Shore Drive. You?

And as far as being an early A owner, I can't lay claim to that yet. The guy that has the car I am interested in has not decided that he wants to sell it yet. Long story short, he's had this 65 Barracuda for 47 years (yes, it's a one owner) and it has been sitting in a garage slowly rotting for the past 25 years or so. He has gotten to the point, though, where he realizes that he doesn't have time to do what he wants with the car anymore and wants it to go to someone who will fix it up the way it needs to be done. I just happened to express my interest in the car to his wife at the right time, and he said he will make me a deal I can't refuse. I just have to wait for him to get to the point where he is ready to let go. I've been waiting for almost two years now. Considering the deal he is making me, I am going to be patient. In the meantime, I am lurking on here trying to learn as much as I can. If you want to see the pictures of the Barracuda, click the photos link to the left. As a starter car goes, it's not in that bad of shape. Just needs some TLC.

I am between richland and lake decatur in the woods. Is the car you are interested in an old yellow barracuda? I have heard stories of one that lives over in the ravina park area owned by a former college elctronics teacher.

I have a pair of 65 valiant 2 doors, my dad has a 66 dart 4 door, and in the past we have had more old chrysler iron than I can remember. When I am done welding a floor back into my car you will prolly see a white 65 valiant running around town. They are great cars for running around town and people will ask if it is for sale while you are stop lights.

Apparently the reputation of my future Fish precedes itself. Yes, it is the one that is owned by the now-retired electronics instructor. As far as it being yellow, I think "off-white" would be a more accurate description. The actual color is "French Ivory." You're the second person that I've talked to about the car that has heard of it before. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Considering that he taught at Richland for over 30 years, I guess there are probably quite a few people around town that have heard of it. I first heard about it ten years ago when he was my instructor. I've lusted after that car ever since. When I found out that I might possibly be the owner of it, I was understandably excited. That excitement has tempered itself a littler over the past year and a half, but as I said, I'm not going to rush him. I don't want to ruin any chance I've got. Ya' know?

Okay, the auction is now up to $810, and it has a little more than 7 hours left. Someone is going to get a really nice parts car.

-
Back