Found this Saturday evening ....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Got home from work, walk out the garage to go light the grill for the pork chops and notice that where I have 4 air cleaner assemblies hanging, the one from my Shelby Dakota is gone... Sure enough, it's on the floor between the Fury and the wall. It left it's mark.... dinged the well opening chrome and left a 1/2 inch cut in the paint above the mid-body moulding. Other than the mosquito that got preserved in the front edge of the hood paint 12 years ago, this is the 1st scar.... sucks! :mad: Dang air cleaner has been hanging there for 8 years. The hanger itself is still there and I can almost hang myself on it.

20160709_184046[1].jpg

Agreed....But still.... :mad:

I did discover that Testers' Blue Saphire model paint is a dang near perfect match.

Always crappy. My first really hurt too, but I had no one to blame but myself. It was my wife's bike.

yeah - crap happens. Nobody to blame here, except vibrations and gravity. I'll get over it. lol I feel better already. And the pork chops were very tasty.

That sucks. My first scratch was perpetrated at, of all places, Spring Fling last year. A 4 inch scratch to the left of the rear trunk lid. Nobody saw a thing. I was, and am, so bummed. And with a 1 year only Q5 paint color its going to be tough to match. Hagerty will pay for it but everyone wants to paint the whole quarter panel and I just know it won't match.

The nicer it is, the more it attracts scratches and dings.

Sorry that happened.
Did a critter get in the garage and knock the air cleaner off?

The last 2 days of my vacation, I redid the kithen floor and 1st floor half bath. Garage is attached. Had to be vibrations and gravity working together.

Hell I didn't even get mine back together or drive it. Earlier this spring the Spokamentro area had a history making windstorm. Some junk blew over in the shed it was in and scratched it up in a few places. It's back over at the neighbor's shop, right now. Trunk lid, left front fender and part of the door, here and there.

When things like that happen....makes me wonder what dark forces are at work....hanging there 8 years and boom it falls...nail still in wall...spooky...
I thought only that kind of crap happened to me?... :mad:

-
Back