Frame Alignment Specifications

-

3yearcuda

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on jig alignment holes for a 74 Dart Swinger for a friend. He is grafting the rear section of a donor 74 dart to his 74 Dartswinger and needs the technical specs or measurements to get the new half of the car up into place and aligned correctly before he starts migging it all together. I have a 69 Barracuda coupe and many parts are the same. Could it just be a matter of measuring mine, to get his rear section straight? Or is there some tech info or website that frame straightening shops use that is available to the public? Any help would be very much appreciated.

You could try a frame/collision shop.They might have the specs in an old book somewhere

I know of only one way to join two halves. Fashion a framework from material like unistruct channel locating factory holes with bolts or pins before cutting the recieving car. Donor gets cut oversized and trimmed to fit the locating bolts or pins, hole locations. Pains taking labor for sure.

Do not know if that helps, this is the same frame used by the duster, valiant...should be the same for the a body barracudas but I am not too sure

frame.jpg

Darts have a different wheel base (111") than Duster, Barracudas (108") so the dimensions won't be the same, this is for the US versions.

Chuck

Thanks for the info. I wasnt aware of the wheel base difference between a 69 barracuda and 74 dart. The rear section from the 4 door,74 dart lines up perfectly with his front section, two door 74 dart. The spot weld holes behind the front seats line up perfectly. He has contacted some body shops, but of course they have no information that old. He intends to ensure spot welds line up, ensure everything is square and measure consistently before mig'in the two sections together.

-
Back