Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
Did anyone really enjoy putting them in :rolleyes:

The first weekend bought the metal then I cut the floor and fit them in:

Metal001.jpg

Metal010.jpg

Metal024.jpg

Metal015.jpg

Two things I forgot about was talking on a cell while not paying attention when cutting equals more welding later and sparks and shorts don't mix well.

Then we had a week of scorching hot weather so it was a little cooler when I welded the next weekend.

Metal028.jpg

Metal030.jpg

Metal038.jpg

Metal027.jpg

Now its super hot again so the spring relocation will have to wait...

I tried but for me it wasn't easy I still think the worst part was prepping for the welding and trying not to burn through the floor.

I got this week off but its over 85* in the shade out there already so no working for me lol.

It took less than an hour to weld in my MP connectors. Not near as strong as yours, but will work for my planned use. I probably paid alot more too!!

Nice work. Looks good. That is how I am doing mine. Have them all cut out but still need to weld them up. What ind of sealer are you going to use?

For metal surface I will use Rust-Oleum Marine Metal Primer and for caulked areas paintable seam sealer (I forget what brand it is) then the entire bottom will be sprayed with Hammer coat.

I have spare chunks of metal so I am going to try just Hammer coat on it to see how it stands up without the primer.

BrianT I think it took like 4-6 hrs wasn't really counting the clock $ 40.00 bucks for the 2 pieces. I'm sure someone that does it a lot would do it in no time:profilel:

-
Back