Frame connectors

-
Simple frame connectors are those bolt 1x1 POS ones.

my reasoning on this is if your opinon of "Simple frame connectors" are a POS, why are they even in the equasion of thought?

this is what i am doing...

You have to have a low end to compare a high end to, so you have a scale that's all.

If I said pick the fastest car between a VW and a Hellcat, I still had to mention the VW to give a scale to go by, even though a VW wouldn't be a consideration right?

Well, the skinny little bolt on frame connectors would be the VW. :D

Sorry people but I have been installing sub-frame connectors to increase the strength and because it will also help cut down noise. I have used both styles that have been mentioned because for some body types there are few choices. I had a rattle in a 70 Barracuda that I had a hard time finding until I saw movement in the side mirror looking at the door jamb. Putting my hand on the outside of the door while driving I found that the door was moving around on rough spots on the road. After welding in the sub-frame connectors the rattle and movement was gone. At the time the car was only 10 years old and I can guess that something like that will only get worse.

US Tool connectors are what I have got for the last 2 cars and they do take some time to install and you must remove the carpet to weld it in.

They really should be a required part if you are going to own one of these cars, so obviously they are definitely a planned part of the small build I'm attempting to get going over this next year or so.

My question is, are they enough to handle the torque of a 408? The stroker is a plan for the next 4-7 years, but if I need more rigidity than just the simple connecters will offer, I'd rather know sooner than later.

This wont be a drag strip car that's going to be ran harder than snot, BUT there will surely be some spirited nights on the town with it.

here is mine, 3mm steel home made.

Attachments

• 058.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 061.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 145
-
Back