Frame Connectors?????????????

-

Tarr

Reaction score
Anyone use the frame connectors from Auto Rust Technicians? The price for A bodies is only $119.00 and made from 2"X2"X1/8". I talked to the guy and he is proud of his products and say's they fit very well.
Anyone know of any that fit well and good price?

Thanks.

To answer your question, I have no experience or knowledge of these particular connectors.

I recently installed US Car Tools laser cut connectors on my car, and I love the way they look, just like part of the exisiting unibody frame structure, and only a little more money, I know you weren't asking for opinions, but just wanted to let you know these are very nice units.

Just go get your self some 2x2x1/8" square tube about 42" long you will need two of them.I'll post some pictures of mine in the car for you to see.

I bought a set of MP frame connectors from Mancini racing for $129 + shipping (or maybe it was 139?) . I have yet to install them, but I went with Mopar Performance stuff because I have liked how the other MP stuff I have bought worked (Cam set, gaskets, pinion snubber, ss springs, ignition kit, etc).

If you wait a month or so I can let you kno how they fit.

Bob

I use the MPs normally. Buy the bolt ins, and weld them in place.

I would love to see them, I intend on making mine for a 73 dart.

I used the bolt in ones but welded them in. I also welded them in with tac welds that I could reach with an angle grinder if I ever wanted to remove them. On the rear, I plug welded the holes that bolts go through, and tack welded it in other areas.

There are a couple of things to keep in mind when doing this. My car is a factory 383 4-Speed car that I replaced the entire rear of the car on. I wanted to make sure everything held together so I added the frame connectors.

My car had factory torque boxes, which I had to pull off the old floor pans and re weld into the new ones. The frame connectors that I bought do not fit cars with torque boxes without some modifications. It can be done though and you can see the pictures on my web site.

Also on the front of the frame connector on the drives side, I had to cut a notch for the factory emergency brake cable to pass through. Since this car is a resto except for the the frame connectors, I wanted it to fit the factory cable. I have several pictures of the process when I was working on it on my site. www.gtsdave.com I haven't updated it in over a year, been too busy.

-Dave

db_20011125__27_1.jpg

db_20020421__57_1.jpg

I bought the mancini bolt in frame connectors , I bolted them in then welded them , they fit perfect, very easy job

There are lot's of different ways to do this but I was thinking of the finished product looking like it was factory. I've got to get something going on in the next week or so as that is when the car gets put on the lift at the body shop.
Thanks.

There are lot's of different ways to do this but I was thinking of the finished product looking like it was factory. I've got to get something going on in the next week or so as that is when the car gets put on the lift at the body shop.
Thanks.

If you want factory look. The USCarTools are the way to go. When installed they look just like the rest of the unitbody. They are a very nice product.

I used the Auto rust technicians 2x2 connectors. fit very nice. They did come through the floor in the back seat area but only 3/8" or so. Can't even tell with the carpet back down. I'm satisfied with them.

Here you go. Check them out for your self.

http://www.uscartool.com/Aframeconn/index.html

I wish I still worked in sheet metal fab. I bet without engineering costs, those "laser cut" frame connectors costs maybe $10 to make. Even with design costs, someone is probably tripling their costs. Although it would be unethical (cough cough) I'd lay them on their side and scan them in with our QA scanner which can do a part 5' by 2 1/2' and then use the software to reverse engineer them, dump them into the CAD/CAM software, laser em and bend them on the press brake.

I wish I still worked in sheet metal fab. I bet without engineering costs, those "laser cut" frame connectors costs maybe $10 to make. Even with design costs, someone is probably tripling their costs. Although it would be unethical (cough cough) I'd lay them on their side and scan them in with our QA scanner which can do a part 5' by 2 1/2' and then use the software to reverse engineer them, dump them into the CAD/CAM software, laser em and bend them on the press brake.

10 bucks? OK make me a set. I will give you 10 bucks. Any one else want to put in an order?

I love the way yours look. Look just like factory and line up better with the front frame rails better. More expensive but very worthy of consideration. Thanks.
Everyone's input is great and I think the simple 2" X 2" bars would be stronger from my thinking. The body shop is running behind schedule ( big surprise ) so I need to make my discision soon.
Thanks.

-
Back