frame rails

-

Hemi-Cammer

Unloved classic rescuer
Reaction score
Up this side of the big border theres been salt on the road in the winter for a long time and as a result of that and being used to back a boat into the pacific ocean... my car gets rustier and rustier. Body parts have been replaced as a result over time but never the frame rails but their time is coming.

Flakes break off from the inside and can be seen and gotten thru the factory holes and now the front left rail has a big hole on top just behind the upper A-arm. The car is way too good to part out plus has sentimental attatchment.

Sorry about the long winded leadup to the question... but i need a good affordable source to replace these pieces. Ive seen the caps but thats not a long term fix. Anybody know of any good sources for frame rails? Also if anyone has done this before, i would appreciate any advice to make it go smoothly to replace them. Thanks!

I should have some soon.

They run $125 each cut out at spot welds usually with a plasma.

I also have the sections where the upper arm attachment point is located, $60 each.

If you are close to the border, greyhound is the best way to ship.

I just shipped an early A left front rail and torsion bar rail to Canada through the USPS for what I thought was a very good price. Under 79 inches they will ship and it saves our northern friends money. UPS wanted over 100 dollars more each.

-
Back