Frame resting on lower control arm Bump stop

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1968 Barracuda Formula S. My driver side frame rest on the bump stop. I have the car setup for drag racing Drag t bars or old slant 6 bars cant remember. Drag shocks. I have to crank up the bar but it seems to go back to rest on the stop or it sits to high. Fender to ground there is over a 3/8 difference. I have seen K members break at the lower control arm mount before but this looks different as the alighnment stays the same. My front end is very worn and in need of a rebuild. Could the lower control arm being worn cause this. Thanks

IF your front end is worn out, I wouldn't bother looking at other things until this is fixed.

Just a question? Why would you take a car to lets say... 100 mph on the track with a worn out front end? The cost to rebuild your front end would be far less than the medical bills and car damage from hitting the wall if something fails. Not to mention the fact that you just killed little Sally's dad who was in the other car when you swerved into his lane.

The only problem I see here are your priorities.

That is why I am rebuilding the front end! I noticed the a arm resting on the bump stop. Car has been sitting for many years. I am also replacing the fuel tank for safety reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!

since you're rebuilding the frontend anywayys,.. check/replace the t-bars.
check the t-bar adjusters for stripped threads. check the crossmember for flaws where the t-bars anchor.

-
Back