frame stiffening

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
how much would i benefit from having a Lower Core support frame brace and inner fender braces. im going to do Frame Connectors, a complete set of front & rear Torque Boxes so i dont twist the body. this will be on a 72 demon.

What's the planned use for the car? Street driver, auto cross, racing?

What do you plan to do with the car? How much power are you going to run?

it will be mainly on the street and running on the strip a few times a year.. 472hp for power..

IMHO it would be a waste to do more than already planned. But if you have the money, what the hey!

it will be mainly on the street and running on the strip a few times a year.. 472hp for power..
I haven't done core support or torque boxes, but just the subframe connectors made a big difference in my dart. But I'm not dealing with that kind of horsepower.

Do the sub frame connectors , that's all you need for what you are using for and the power you have.

how much would i benefit from having a Lower Core support frame brace and inner fender braces. im going to do Frame Connectors, a complete set of front & rear Torque Boxes so i dont twist the body. this will be on a 72 demon.

It makes a significant and worthwhile difference. It helps reduce cowl shake on rougher roads and solidifies the connection of the front clip of the car to the passenger compartment. It is well worth the effort to weld the front shock towers solidly to the inner fender wells and box in you steering mount and weld up the seams on the K-frame and torsion bar crossmember while you are at it too.

The combination of all of the above makes a night and day difference in improving the overall chassis rigidity compared to just doing the sub-frame connectors and torque boxes, which are number one in priority.

A Monte Carlo Brace added to the engine compartment makes a noticeable difference as well.

US Car Tool has a complete package of all of the components for $649.
I used everything except their subframe connectors (I already had some other subframe connectors) on my current '69 Dart project.

US Car Tool has a complete package of all of the components for $649.
I used everything except their subframe connectors (I already had some other subframe connectors) on my current '69 Dart project.
they are the ones im looking at

-
Back