Frameoff restoration ?

-

capjr

Reaction score
HI ALL GOT ? I see alot in some of the cars for sale that claim they have a FRAMEOFF RESTO OK . BUT HOW DO YOU DO FRAMEOFF ON A UNIBODY CAR OR Do people just think thats the same when you strip it down .I,m Not new to cars or anything but I think to frameoff ya gotta separate body from frame/chassis . Just wonderin 8)

What they mean is stripping everything down and doing a full resto. I think its splitting hairs really. I guess I know what they mean when they say that.

Yeah, I get a chuckle out of those frame-off Mopar restorations (Imperials prior to 1967 excepted). The closest thing that I know of to a frame-off on a uni-body is to put the unibody on a rotisserie. This gives much better access to the underside of the car. Using a rotisserie also beats the heck out of laying on my back trying to weld on the underside bits.

what on earth does "hi all got" mean?

I'm sure it originated with the brand X'rs, but I don;t take any issue when people say it about unibody cars. It's not to be taken literally - it just means stripped down to the chassis and restored. I personally don't use the term, but I know what people mean when they use it.

Yaa could be, but even some mopar guys say it also

what on earth does "hi all got" mean?

I'm sure it originated with the brand x'rs, but i don;t take any issue when people say it about unibody cars. It's not to be taken literally - it just means stripped down to the chassis and restored. I personally don't use the term, but i know what people mean when they use it.
sorry hello everyone i have a question ? Hows that ?

Yaa could be, but even some mopar guys say it also

I did a frame off on a Mopar, took almost 3 years. I had the frame of my 57 Fury hanging from the rafters of the garage while I blasted it. The body was out at my folks, hanging from a swing set. :-D

Maybe I can clairify this , I meant for unibody cars.

-
Back