Freaking out about possibility of large amount of snow on vert top?

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working on a friends 63 valiant vert.( replacing water pump ). Did not finish yesterday and it is stuck in my driveway uncovered with massive snow storm by the south's standards getting ready to hit my area. I am concerned about the top which is brand new. For you vert owners used to winter weather. Will it handle a sizable snow? Thanks.

Oldschoolcuda

A new top should be just fine, but you can always go out and clean it off a couple of times during the storm to help keep the buildup down to a minimum.

We are looking at a foot with latest forecast Joe. Of course my mustang vert is in the garage LOL & the owner is hammering me on that.

Oldschoolcuda

i wouldn't worry about it.. like stated you can always brush it off during the storm..

glad the stang is tucked away all nice and warm and all..:)

We are looking at a foot with latest forecast Joe. Of course my mustang vert is in the garage LOL & the owner is hammering me on that. Oldschoolcuda
lol just tell him the top is down so he doesn't have to worry about getting ruined! 8)

Thanks guys. Will just go out periodically and brush off just in case. Our forecast went from getting nothing to pounded in 24 hrs. Caught me by surprise. Don't think the top down technique would fly MoparDaddy, although the interior is pretty toasted.

Oldschoolcuda

Thanks guys. Will just go out periodically and brush off just in case. Our forecast went from getting nothing to pounded in 24 hrs. Caught me by surprise. Don't think the top down technique would fly MoparDaddy, although the interior is pretty toasted. Oldschoolcuda
lol well dang.

I wouldnt worry. I remember mw dads 63 catalina vert disappearing in the storm of 64 in Chicago, and it was fine. Imagine the force against it at 90 mph going down the road.. I think they are manufactured to stand up to the weather.

I wouldnt worry. I remember mw dads 63 catalina vert disappearing in the storm of 64 in Chicago, and it was fine. Imagine the force against it at 90 mph going down the road.. I think they are manufactured to stand up to the weather.

Yea, they should be. Being paranoid because car is not mine. Friend in high school had a 63 Catalina vert with a built 421 & 4speed his dad put together. What a beast.Would snatch rubber in all 4 gears which was epic for 35yrs ago. Loved that big boat.

Oldschoolcuda

-
Back