Freaking Tornadoes are getting too CLOSE!!

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Storms have gone tornadic are out west (not very far) and moving my direction. There is storm lined up with us right now and moving our way.

They have been saying for the last 3 days that we might be in for a bad evening tonight.

This morning they had a tornado on the ground northwest of us and two more in that are the never touched down.

quik,give me all your cars and parts for safe keeping,lol..

Stillwater took a hit. They are saying on the northern part of it was 1/4 mile wide. Rain, rain and more rain. Luckly I am on the south part of town so I escaped this one.

It was 20 years today that the same part of town was hit really bad. I don't know what the strength of this one was. The power is still on so it must not have been too bad.

If you get any more warnings make sure you get somewhere safe. I'm so glad I live where I do... don't have to worry about that kinda stuff here.

If you get any more warnings make sure you get somewhere safe. I'm so glad I live where I do... don't have to worry about that kinda stuff here.

Thanks,

I nornally don't get too worried about tornadoes but this sucker had been on the ground 75% of the time for over 20 miles. When they get wrapped in rain I get concerned because I can't see them. I watch them until I see debris and then I dive in the fraidy hole.

I had heard on the news that the possibility this evening was very high so I came home early and parked in the garage since they mentioned softball sized hail. My hood project can just wait another day (same weather pattern for tomorrow too)

Its just another Spring evening in Oklahoma. Listening to sounds of Hail, Rain, wind, & Tornado sirens. LOL I'm down in the Sapulpa area.
Oh yea, make sure your insurance premiums is paid up.

Here in Colorado we get them too.The bad ones are mostly on the eastern plains like Weld County,Kit Carson County,Morgan County.If anyone remembers,Windsor,Colorado was devastated by an F5 a couple years ago.Rarely is there ever one in Fort Collins,mostly funnels.I think its our proximity to the mountains.They are pretty scary.Be safe and take shelter if you hear sirens.

They just said on the news that part of Stillwater does have the power out. Apparently it has ripped up the roof on a motel and done damage to the places like Taco Bell in the area. Went into a housing edition after that. Still not too bad and the biggest thing it was slow moving so everyone had time to take shelter. We had warnings over 30 miniutes before it got in town because it traveled so far.

I know I am getting tired of the weather. from the Tornado outbreak that hit last week and missed my place by 100 yards,nearby housing addition and the truck stop wiped out ,then the softball sized hail that just missed me but still got the wifes car and now the Tornadoes that are around here tonight, kinda keeps you on edge. But future weather looks good, at least no storms.

I live in Tornado alley myself but you guy's have been gittin hit hard this year.I see tornadoes all the time in Ok but they are in a pasture

100 yards!! Dang, that is too close. That Loves took one heck of a hit. That whole area was a mess.

This has been an unpredictable day so batten the hatches tonight and stay safe.

I have been picking up insulation and roofing shingles all week. Filled our trash cans up 7 times now with trash. I have reciepts from the truckstop that I have been picking up. You are correct on more towns haven been hit, this will the forth year that a Tornado has passed by us within a mile and they keep getting closer. Used our hidey hole twice this year allready.

We just had a MONSTER tornado here in Mississippi a few weeks ago. Hardest hit was Yazoo City, MS which is about 50 or 60 miles from me. This thing came to life in Louisiana just across the Mississippi River and came on through Mississippi finally playing out around Starkville. The weather service and other agencies have confirmed that this tornado was ON THE GROUND for over 120 miles. Add to this that it was confirmed to be an EF 4 to possibly EF 5 and was 1 3/4 mile wide at it's max, and you can only imagine what Yazoo City and surrounding areas look like.

-
Back