Free 440!!!!

-

mrtires24

Reaction score
I'm Sorry, its not free for you....I got one for Free the other day

It is in a motor home, and the engine runs. I was wondering if I would be able to use the Tranny and the exhaust manifolds if I put it all into my demon.

I know I would have to shorten the drive shaft. I do have a 440 duster, but it has headers, and a 4 spd, so I am unfamiliar with auto's, and exhaust manifolds. If I do this, I want it to be a cheap build over the winter.

Let me know.

PS, if you need some vintage motor home parts, I have them.

Phil

PS, again I am sorry for making you think that I was giving away a 440 for free. But honestly Who thinks that they could get one for free in the first place?....oh....I guess me...;)

Phil

I got a free steel crank 906 head 440 on Seattle Craigslist. I think the manifolds won't be a good idea, and is the trans the same as a car 727? Are the manifolds logs or center dump? Try B-body HP manifolds if going that route. I've seen RV transmissions be different that passenger car transmissions. Some have a parking brake in the tail shaft, and some have a short tail shaft.

All motor home transmissions I've seen are totally different than cars. They are actually shorter and have the parking brake drum mounted to the end and instead of a slip yoke they have a yoke like the rearend to bolt the driveshaft too. It's probably a real heavy duty trans internally but to convert it over for use in a car would require a total strip down to replace the output shaft and related pieces with a car unit.

I don't know positively about the exhaust manifolds but knowing how little room is in the A-body I doubt they'll work but that's just my guess.

-
Back