Not open for further replies.

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
48-49 A-B TRUCK motor.

Im pretty sure that this motor is yard art unless your feeling brave you can still get sleeves for these motors. One of the water pumps turns the other is frozen. I got it at the Mt Vernon swapmeet a while ago for 40 bucks. It had been sitting in the back of a truck in the woods since the late 50's. I got it for a project that has been sold and now this is taking up space in my garage. Im pretty sure that it is filled with some sort of sludge that at one time was oil and water but now smells like satans *** after a sloppy joe party. I sold the carb off it and made my money back so if you want it come and get it I have a cherry picker and can help load it in your truck, van, trunk or we can duct tape it to your bike.
It is 12 mins. east of Seattle.

100_0144.jpg

100_0148.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0151.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0154.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0156.jpg

100_0157.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0159.jpg

100_0160.jpg

I have a buddy that's into these but I don't think he's man enough to beat those pistons out and I know I'm not man enough to want to try that.=;

There is somebody somewhere that you could pay to take that off your hands...

what do you mean? If you just soak them in Marvel mystery Oil for about 7 years they should just slide right out LOL.

I just need to find a really dumb/brave rat rod guy that has no clue what he is doing...Craigslist.com here I come.

Craigslist sounds like the best idea to find a Ford guy that could at least salvage some of the parts off of it. The head looks pretty good and maybe a few other parts. Maybe you'll find someone thats just curious what Satan's *** after a sloppy Joe party smells like...lol. I have no idea but I bet its bad. I too hate to scrap something like that just because they don't make them anymore. I wish someone had a 1965 Dodge D100 donor truck for some parts I need. They get very hard to find.

You can still get stuff for them, you just have to goto france. Ford sold all the tooling for the flatheads to france and they built them up till the 80's if I remember right (not 100% sure tho).

I had a guy come over a take the whole thing and all he wanted was the oil pan off it.

You can still get stuff for them, you just have to goto france. Ford sold all the tooling for the flatheads to france and they built them up till the 80's if I remember right (not 100% sure tho).

I had a guy come over a take the whole thing and all he wanted was the oil pan off it.

There is always the aftermarket stuff for them.
think i got a pic of one around here some place.

Scott

cbflat.jpg

cbflat2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back