Freezin' A$$ Cold Today

-
ramcharger....That below zero stuff just plain sucks and no water in the building? They should have shut down and sent everyone home.

I remember weather like that in Chicago, but don't miss it at all. It is actually quite cold here in Phx today. We never got out of the 40's with rain on the way for the next few days. brrrrrrr :shaking2: I know that doesn't sound very cold, but when you've lived in the desert for awhile you become a wimp in cold weather.. lol

Well folks, I don't want to make anyone FEEL cold, but here goes.

Yesterday morning my thermometer read -36.5C, or -33F, and with the wind chill factor it was -49C, or about -50F. :)

This morning it was -30C, or -22F, and -40 with the wind chill factor (same in C or F)

It's still -21C with a mean NW wind, but it actually feels not too bad compared to yesterday.

Are you feeling warmer yet Mike? :)

You win Vart!

6pak,
One of my co-workers is based in Phoenix. When I called him he said it was 47 F and he was wearing two shirts and hoodie....inside his house, lol.

I've got windows open in the house - been in the garage tinkerin' with the Dart in shorts and a t-shirt (7 PM), upper 70's all this week. You wouldn't like it here - hurricanes, snakes, bugs, summertime humidity, nasty place. Do yourself a favor and stay where you are .......... suckers. They say grow old, retire and move somewhere warm, BS on that - I'm here now and will be here when I'm old(er).

Weird weather?? Was 41 degrees at noon with 50mph winds,by 5 o,clock it was -1 degrees.Fast changing weather.

Vart I am sorry but I went outside and took these pictures just for you.

No I don't feel warmer.:bootysha::-D
And that ain't snow you are looking at, It is water marbles!

ebayaug08 001.jpg

ebayaug08 002.jpg

ebayaug08 003.jpg

ebayaug08 005.jpg

Looking at the picture:-k I had better go out and drop the side canopy door.

Here I go again.:angry7: This stuff came from no where.

Thanks for the thought Sid :-DI don't think some or most of the times.

ebayaug08 021.jpg

ebayaug08 020.jpg

Oh,man i just got back from indianna and now i know why people are "from" indianna! 13 degrees!!!!!it snowed,just enough for me to make a snowball and lobb it at the lil' one and run!!!!!!I hate to say it but I'm back in florida 68 degrees and I'm thinkin bout firing up the hot tubb,bon fire was lit at noon today and is "toasty" Ya'll keep warm !!!

Indeed it was a cold weekend, nowhere near record setting for here.

But at -22*C (-8*F) without the windchill factor, and having to drive the red truck to a neighbouring village (1/2 hr. drive) at about 40-45mph for the "Santa Clause" parade was extremely cold. Note the lack of windshield, lol. I'm laughing now, I could hardly smile at the parade, felt like my face was going to split open.

Hope you were driving that with a helmet on and shield down....:sign5:

Nice of you to drive that to the Santa parade...the little ones always appreciate it.

Well folks, I don't want to make anyone FEEL cold, but here goes.

Yesterday morning my thermometer read -36.5C, or -33F, and with the wind chill factor it was -49C, or about -50F. :)

This morning it was -30C, or -22F, and -40 with the wind chill factor (same in C or F)

It's still -21C with a mean NW wind, but it actually feels not too bad compared to yesterday.

Are you feeling warmer yet Mike? :)

someone give that man a popsicle to warm him up

Well we get this every winter in WY. It is funny, back east they give windchills. It was -28 without the windchill and that is -28F. I have seen -42F and windchills of -102 in Laramie and Cody WY.

There were some spotins in Wold point MT and a few others that the high was -30 and lows near -60 and windchills were -100 F + ouch!

I about froze my lungs this am when I brought in some more wood, at -28 with -45 windchill.

Well hree is the week coming up looks better if you can call this better, then on Sat it turns very cold again! Few years back it was -72 F in West Yellowstone with -150 windchills, even the Bison were pissed!

Were the hell is Al Gore? :)

Suppose to be coldest winter in past 17 years, it just started late this year.

PS I was in Hawaii last week 5 days low was 70 F and highs 82, rented a Harley and went for a cruise.

weather (Small).JPG

Sounds bad for a lot of you. It hit us here pretty quick too. Was an unseasonably warm 52 deg at 10 am and at 9:30 pm it was 16 deg -2 with the windchill. We got lucky and the rain came yesterday and this morning before the temp dropped. I feel for you all!

Global Warming, MY A$$!!!! It's 14 freakin degrees at my house this morning here in the good old Pacific Northwest! We have four day old ice on all the side streets, what fun!

The last two days here with the cold weather were as follows;
If you need a boost - 6 hour wait
If you need a tow - 12 hour wait
Taxi - 3 hour wait

I'm back to wearing my short sleeved shirt again this morning cause it warmed up to -13C, 8.6F overnight. HEAT WAVE!! :)

Mike, you keep Vicky covered and don't let those damned ice and snow pellets anywhere near her. :)

I said this before and I'll mention it again, if you get any serious snow Mike, get er out of there, those things collapse. My son just lost another one this weekend, not just the tent part, all the poles crumple too and everything comes crashing down on whatever is under there, in his case it was just a few chickens in there this time :-D

Billy's dad had one of those Harbor Freight carports over his fishing boat. One night of 45+ mph winds left the poles bent / collapsed and the cover in shreds -- I don't think he ever found where the roof part ended up.

~ ~ ~

Soooooooooo Rob, lemme guess ... the big fried chicken party at your son's place starts about 6:30 tonight?????

<< duckin and divin for cover

Soooooooooo Rob, lemme guess ... the big fried chicken party at your son's place starts about 6:30 tonight?????

Only if he doesn't lose power again, otherwise it will have to be barbequed chicken :-D

Funny thing was when he opened the coop to let them out in the morning after the snow, they all go to run out and see it and they're all putting on the brakes. The front guys got stampeded and shoved out the door :-D

Billy's dad had one of those Harbor Freight carports over his fishing boat. One night of 45+ mph winds left the poles bent / collapsed and the cover in shreds -- I don't think he ever found where the roof part ended up.

~ ~ ~

Yea Billy called me on the phone to warn me, I have 3 pikes in all 8 legs and
tied to three trees top and bottom and zip tied to the pick nick bench and the front bumper of my Dakota and the pallet my tool box is on is zipped tied too. We had some 35 mph gust's of wind before this snow came and the nest is doing great.:-D
I thanked Billy for the heads up and the phone call.:cheers:

Picture

let it rain 150.jpg

let it rain 060.jpg

-
Back