Freidian slip? What I said at work

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Man, you know your tired when you can't help what comes out of your mouth sometimes. A customer comes in today for me to check a "whining" sound from her PT Cruiser. I'm cleaning off my hands on a shop rag while I'm walking to her car and ... What I MEANT to say was: Let's take a look. What was going throught my mind was: Let's take a look AND Let's have a peek.
I ended up saying: "Let's take a leak". I just stopped and laughed hard. She looked at me and said: " I wasn't going to say anything cause I wasn't sure WHAT you meant." I explained what I wanted to say and what I was thinking when I said it. We ended up having a real good hearty laugh. Man- that could have went real bad!
Just goes to say that sleep deprivation does weird things to your vocabulary/ sentence structure!:sign6:

HAHAHA .....that is great.

I know what you mean....I had to pull an all nighter and I find myself talking nonsense or mixing up words and then I stop in the middle and say "awwwww forget it" lol

I clearly remember a verbal Faux pas I made back in 1975. I had been up all night getting a car painted because one of my hired help didn't show. About 9:00 in the morning a 1972 maroon and white Olds 442 convertible pulls up out front and an attractive gal comes into the shop and wants to know if I have time to fix the roof of her car because it won't go all the way back. I promptly stepped around the counter and said, "Well, let's go pop your top so I can have a look." Her response was. " I most definitely will not!" It took me a while to realize what I had said and then I began to apologize and explain that I meant her "roof". It wasn't too long before we were both laughing about it. I filled her convertible pump with fluid and she said it worked better than the day she bought it. She sent me several referrals so she didn't stay too upset, but I sure remember the incident and try to be a bit more thoughtful even when exhausted!

I clearly remember a verbal Faux pas I made back in 1975. I had been up all night getting a car painted because one of my hired help didn't show. About 9:00 in the morning a 1972 maroon and white Olds 442 convertible pulls up out front and an attractive gal comes into the shop and wants to know if I have time to fix the roof of her car because it won't go all the way back. I promptly stepped around the counter and said, "Well, let's go pop your top so I can have a look." Her response was. " I most definitely will not!" It took me a while to realize what I had said and then I began to apologize and explain that I meant her "roof". It wasn't too long before we were both laughing about it. I filled her convertible pump with fluid and she said it worked better than the day she bought it. She sent me several referrals so she didn't stay too upset, but I sure remember the incident and try to be a bit more thoughtful even when exhausted!

Hey I have a question. What if she would have said "Why sure...."...Would it have been worth it? :angel7::angel7:

One morning when I was still married, I was sitting across the table from my now ex-wife, having breakfast, and I meant to ask her to pass the cream for my coffee, but what came out was, "You miserable *****, you ruined my life!!" We never did quite have a laugh over that one!!!!

(8^)*

FF

One morning when I was still married, I was sitting across the table from my now ex-wife, having breakfast, and I meant to ask her to pass the cream for my coffee, but what came out was, "You miserable *****, you ruined my life!!" We never did quite have a laugh over that one!!!!

(8^)*

FF

:love4: think they call that... love?? LOL

(8^)*

FF

.............. that was funny, and cought me so off guard I laughed out loud ..... Im at work,,,, glad nobody was close by. lol

Thats funny!

You not sleeping well at nights?

I'm a diabetic and when my sugar gets low I start the same thing.

Years ago a young girl came in, I was also young back then, and told me her Dad had sent her down to have someone check the oil in her 4-speed transmission. Without even thinking, I asked "You want me to check your rearend too? She gave me this funny look and I finished up saying "differentiaL" and she said "sure I guess" As I was checking everything she just stood there watching with this little smirk on her face. I think it made her day too!!!

That's funny Leanna!
Mullinax95 - I get low blood sugar symptoms too and do or say the stupidest things- mostly at the house. here's a strange one- When I wake up and don't eat right away, I get in cleaning mode. Everything looks messy to me and I HAVE to clean. My sweet wife just tells me to sit down and eat. Always works- I eat and I could care less what the house looks like!

That's funny Leanna!
Mullinax95 - I get low blood sugar symptoms too and do or say the stupidest things- mostly at the house. here's a strange one- When I wake up and don't eat right away, I get in cleaning mode. Everything looks messy to me and I HAVE to clean. My sweet wife just tells me to sit down and eat. Always works- I eat and I could care less what the house looks like!

The way it affects me when low is I run my mouth constantly.... once my sugar gets back up I'm quite as a church mouse. I don't even want to talk. Diabetes is a strange disease. I think " I have got this under control".... WHAM it hits me like a sledge hammer that I don't see coming.

-
Back