[SOLD] Fresh Chrysler 400 Re-Ring

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Contact seller
This is a fresh Chrysler 400 re-ring. It will make an excellent cruiser engine for the street. It has a measured 8.2:1 compression so it will run on 87 octane in 100 degree weather all day long and still produce in the 400 pound foot range. It has an excellent shape hard to find Edelbrock DP4B intake manifold, a very street friendly mild 443/465 214/224 @ .050 112 LSA camshaft. Billet double roller timing set with cam degreed. Windage tray. Has A body friendly 187 oil pan. VERY nice set of 906 heads with new valves and matching springs for the camshaft. High volume oil pump with hardened intermediate shaft. I built this for my 64 Valiant and have fallen in love with the slant 6 and have decided not to use this. Comes just like you see it, and I will even include the rolling dolly. $4000 or best offer. I am located in Jones County, Georgia. Pickup only I cannot deliver or ship. You can see the build thread here:
Bare Bones Budget 400 Build
400.jpg

400- 1.jpg

400- 2.jpg

Last edited:
2500 is my last price. If I cannot get that, I'll disassemble it and poke holes in everything with my air chisel and take it to the dump.

Terrific, it's a great looking engine , BTW what damper is on it? Did you leave it external balance ot internally balance it
Thank you. I put a lot of work in it. I hate to sell it, but I am paying off a lot of debt. It's a Professional Products balancer. I read lots of reviews on it. Several of them showed the factory female hex fasteners that held them together were weak and would break causing the balancer to come apart. That was the only common bad thing. So I got it anyway and replaced all of them with grade 8 female hex screws and blue locktite. They ain't goin anywhere. It's still externally balanced. The balancer works for either though, as it has a removable weight on the back side. It's a nice piece as long as you know about those screws and do something about it.

Pending sale.
Nice. someone is getting a good engine for a great deal.
I thought it was a good thing you did by sharing the build of that engine:thankyou::thumbsup:
It helps those that been thinking about it but never did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back