Fresh Paint

-

tyler1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After a year the duster is finally in paint. A little undecided on a white or black stripe. I think it looks pretty good. Now time to remember how it goes back together.

Attachments

• 20140131_214254.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 272
craig_rusboldt_6631.jpg

i saw a new challenger with matte black stripes and red pin stripes (like above), looked pretty cool. are you talking about over the top stripes or the factory duster stripes?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/Ride/Show/1943

I would go with a red or black stripe if it were mine.Looks really nice but sure and post more pics...

Im talking about the original side duster stripe, I am leaning towards matte black. I am undecided on either a gull wing or go, I know the gull wing never came on a 72, but i think it looks better.

I've never been a fan of "wings" at all. It makes them look to busy and ruins a perfectly good deck lid lol.

The stripes are however a nice accent. What color interior? If light color - white, if dark color - black.

Interior is black, I'm thinking the ghost stripe would look sweet.

Nice Tyler! Do you have drip rails & wheel opening trim? If so, I'd do the matte black. if not, you need a little "pop", so I'd go white. The wheel type/style and interior color would probably play into my decision a hair also.

As far as the wing, no offense, but I'm not a fan. Unless it was a factory installed unit on a matching numbered car, I'd pass.....sorry.:D

I have the drip rail trim. I planned on purchasing the wheel molding trim. I guess I am undecided on wheels as well. I currently have a set of grey torque thrusts on BFG radials

And no offense taken, we all have our own tastes. What makes the hobby great :cheers:

Paint the torque thrust centers black.Make it all black,black paint,black stripes,black interior,and black wheels.

With the chrome molding's, the matte black stripe, and the standard color American's, I think that would be a very "powerful" looking Duster.....

Regardless of what you decide, that will be a sweet car! Congratulations on a job well done...:thumbrig:

Those black and red strips on the Challengers look great. I think something like that would look really good on yours.

I'm going with the black stripe, Fast Automotive in Batesville, Indiana did my body work and paint. While they are a pontiac shop, they have done great work, very personable and easy to deal with. I would highly recommend them.

I LOVE triple black cars!!!! I was actually debating between triple black or like the pic below for my 72 but when I found out my car is original b5 I decided I'm goin with the blue
View attachment image.jpg

-
Back