Status
Not open for further replies.

MACKIN

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok here we go again,yuck.

What I have for sale here is a 340 professionally built by Carlquist Competition Engines in Oakville CT.

Motor is bored and stroked to 416 cubes. All Scat forged internals. It is complete as I received it back from the engine shop never installed. Motor is balanced and blue printed with all documentations. Motor dyno'd just shy of 500 HP and 500 feet pounds of torque on regular pump fuel. Nothing was spared in this build and I have the just shy of $10,000 dollar receipt. (UGLY)

In the receipt includes the ported intake and 830 CFM carb but not the Polished and ported Edelbrock RPM heads. Heads cost $1500 and there is probably that much done in port work. So do the MATH $13K (ugly).

Also I have a A833 four speed (unknown condition bought off Ebay) with all linkages. Also I have TTI ceramic coated headers new in the box along with MSD ignition.

I'm asking $6500 or half of what I have in it for everything or best offer! Location central CT for pick up.

Thanks

Would you be interested in a trade plus some cash?

If so please pm me for details.

Thank You!
KP

Sweet. Seems like an excellent build. Needed for my 69 Dart build, but out of my $ reach right now. Good luck with the sale.

Great price,my old 408 cost 6500,with me aasembling it.Good luck selling it.

can you shipped to md

I'd hate to ship it for fear of damage but it can be arranged. I'd have to get a stand ,about $40 dollars and build a crate. I'd rather meet you half way say from CT.

Whoever gets this will get a smoking deal that is for-sure. Like the add says I have 9K in the build plus the 3k in heads and head work plus the headers which are TTI ceramic coated with Thermo barrier which cost like $700 dollars.

I understand the economy thats why I priced the way I have to unfortunately sell it. Makes me sad but you gotta do what you gotta do.

This is the real deal all receipts have my name on it address etc so this is no BS .

http://www.carlquistengines.com/carlquist.htm Very well known builder in my area that alot wont go to because he is pricey but I wanted the best.

Yup, going into the fish! Somebody needs to buy his car and the 4 speed stuff if they want a 4 speed.

Anybody need a really good running 1971 block steel crank 340?

Motor is sold to a lucky SOB ,I wont out him that is his choice. Maybe he wants it a surprise in case someone rolls up on him! :D

He got a Smok'in Strok'in deal!

It will be a sad time packing it for me. :cry:

Thanks to all those that were interested.

I don't mind being outed (confessed already a few posts ago) and don't be too sad as it will be going to a good home in the fish. Need to figure out what stall converter I have now and if it will be right for that motor.

you don't have to packing. i meet you halfway with cash

Sorry bout that Bruce although very tempting . :D

I am a man of my word and a deal is a deal.I'd expect the same. We all should.

This deal will be going through and MACKIN is one heckova great guy to deal with!!! It is a breath of fresh air to deal with a man of integrity, although I have to say so far every deal I have done here at FABO has gone as it was supposed to. Whatta great site!

Mopardude, are you gonna run an alternator and if so how will you bracket it so the belt clears the water pump? Yeah, I know I got a deal which is why I jumped on it. I was looking at building a stroker from a -1 360 casting I have and I know what it would have cost. I'll sell the 360 short block and put the 340 that's in the rod now on the engine stand instead.

Thanks Chris! IMO that's the only to do things!

I asked would this stand fit a SB Mopar with a deep and high capicity pan. Yes sir it will! They lied. I had to alter the stand.

Some pictures for enjoyment. They were taken with my cell phone not so great. Specially for Chris. :burnout:

Attachments

• 2 crate.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 582
  • 1 crate.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 577
  • crate 5.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 574
  • crate 4.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 558
  • crate 3.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 556
That should make it . Real strong crate ,also there is steel strapping holding it all together on the outside. More later.

Mopardude, are you gonna run an alternator and if so how will you bracket it so the belt clears the water pump? Yeah, I know I got a deal which is why I jumped on it. I was looking at building a stroker from a -1 360 casting I have and I know what it would have cost. I'll sell the 360 short block and put the 340 that's in the rod now on the engine stand instead.

I'm actually gonna take my electric water pump off and run an edelbrock mechanical water pump with a new factory timing cover. im done messing around with **** and fabbing things to make stuff work.

is that the POS cradle summit sells?

If it is, those non fitting POS's are the reason I quit making mine.

Hard to say as there aren't many producers of them for Chrysler. They are about your only option for shipping besides a rimless tire. I don't believe that would make it very far.

Would be nice if I had a contact with a dealership and they would sell or give me a proper crate but no such luck. Although they do seem cheesy it is pretty rigid. Unless the trucker ( I hope not) is very abusive it it'll ride fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back