Friend got hit by a car

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
My friend was jogging Sunday morning and was hit by a car doing 40 mph.The driver was messing with his radio and did not see him or even slow down.My friend Jim flew into the windshield face first.He has a broken jaw,cheek,nose,ribs,femur,ankle,and a bone in the top of his foot.Bleeding in the brain,liver damage,100 plus stiches on his elbow.He may also lose his leg.
Jim was also hit by a car on his motorcycle 3 years ago.It shattered his ankle.His ankle was saved but pinned and screwed back together.Jim just got back on his feet from the last accident.His wife is in poor health and they don't have alot of family.
I feel really bad for Jim and I am going to help out as much as I can.As of today he had surgery on his leg last night and it looks like he may get to keep his leg.He also woke up a few times for a few seconds at a time Wed.Jim is 50 and in great health so this will help.I think Jim will pull through but he will have a long road ahead.

Jim

Prayin for Jim here. So sorry to hear.

Lord please help Jim and his wife pull through these times of trials in their life. He needs your help in healing his body to take care of his wife. Thank you Jesus: Amen

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe you can do some kind of local fundraiser for them with a carwash or something.....:sad8:

Prayers sent

Wow, That was a hard hit :angry7: Prayers for your friend and keep us updated Jim, I hope all goes good on his jaw and I am glad he will keep his leg.
The jaw will be wired shut for a few weeks and he has a long row to hoe to get back on his feet :tongue9: Prayer's sent for Jim and his wife.

Very sorry to hear about your friend. Hoping that his recovery is complete and he can regain full use of his leg.

I will be letting my 10 yr old daughter read your account, as I continually try to instill the fact that many drivers are blissfully ignorant of their surroundings as they drive, and all it takes is a moment to change someone's life for the worse.

Grant

I lost a cousin the same way, a driver not paying attention veered off the road and struck her. He didn't serve one day in jail.

Thats sucks.

Did he see it coming, or was it from behind?

My uncle was hit by a car, broke his leg....the driver took off and never reported it.
What the hell is wrong with people? Hopefully your Uncle fully recovered from it.....

update....Jim did get to keep his leg ,the surgery worked out good.He is only awake for about 1 hour a day.The Doctors have found more broken bones.Jims peripheral vison is gone.He does not remember some people,does not remember where he works,does not know what year it is.The Doctors say as far as his brain function he may get 80 % of it back and he will never be able to work again.But Doctors are not always right and the brain is an amazing thing and can rewire its self sometimes.I don't think he will ever be quite the same mentally or phyically.But I am hopefull that he will heal up and have a good life ahead of him.

Jim

-
Back