Friend somebody.....

-
OK, I got it! Tell me what you think of this!

Guitar, banjo, bass, fiddle, 4 part harmony, and will do a medley of Flat and Scruggs greatest hits. Eh? EH?
I can hear it now! "Pearl, Pearl, Pearl.. Don't give your love to Earl...."

What do ya think?!!!

I aint that good on the banjo. Not even close.

Ok then.... What about a 50's night?

We shave real close, slick our hair back, lay down on a paper towel for fifteen minutes, and do a tribute to Dion and The Belmonts?

Eh?

OK, I got it! Tell me what you think of this!

Guitar, banjo, bass, fiddle, 4 part harmony, and will do a medley of Flat and Scruggs greatest hits. Eh? EH?
I can hear it now! "Pearl, Pearl, Pearl.. Don't give your love to Earl...."

What do ya think?!!!

I aint that good on the banjo. Not even close.

Ok then.... What about a 50's night?

We shave real close, slick our hair back, lay down on a paper towel for fifteen minutes, and do a tribute to Dion and The Belmonts?

Eh?

ok, its official .....I have no idea WTH you guys are talking about!!! :tongue7: :hello2:

I'm aranging a "Stage Fright Night". You're doing Led Zep's "Whole lotta love", music and vocals, solo, on an acoustic slide guitar with no "B" sting, wearing diving fins and Kermit the Frog Make up.

Been there...done that!!

Actually Frankie, you would dig our bands version of "Going to California" with dobro, mandolin, fiddle and upright bass!! Ill try to capture it on my pitiful phone and YouTube it, if I can figure out how!! Geof

Somehow Frank, I just don't think I will fit in with yall.

C'mon everybody........ Can't ya just feel it?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo"]John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air (1978) - YouTube[/ame]

Been there...done that!!

Actually Frankie, you would dig our bands version of "Going to California" with dobro, mandolin, fiddle and upright bass!! Ill try to capture it on my pitiful phone and YouTube it, if I can figure out how!! Geof

I like it!
There! You see Robert? Geof's got it covered. Now we just need to get you involved. Who knows, we could be the next Dailey & Vincent! Acoustic slide and cello! You know what they say... "There's always room for cello'! :thumbup:

Actually Rob, were looking for a banjo player....I think we just lost ours!! He must be with those tools I misplaced, and the missing socks!!

Been there...done that!!

I love Zeppellin! I wanna hear!

I like it!
There! You see Robert? Geof's got it covered. Now we just need to get you involved. Who knows, we could be the next Dailey & Vincent! Acoustic slide and cello! You know what they say... "There's always room for cello'! :thumbup:

Dailey and Vincent!!! Now were talking!! What style of music are you playing Frankie?? You're speaking my language now!!

Dailey and Vincent!!! Now were talking!! What style of music are you playing Frankie?? You're speaking my language now!!

Everything from Blue grass, country, classic rock, oldies, 60's oldies, some funk :-# Motown, beach music, blues, some fusion, and light jazz, even contemporary christian. Even some metal (but I find it boring). My problem is I don't take it seriously. I love playing, but there are some musicians around who treat is as a business, and are dead serious about everything.
I'm in it for the fun of it, and if I can make a few bucks while doing something I enjoy, cool!

I'm looking to form a new band based on people with their heads in the right place. People who play well, and can have fun doing it. For example, some of the metal heads I've played with are way too serious about ****. WAAAY too serious. I mean these guys live an breathe this stuff. Sorry, I'm not into that.

Trying to get Rob off his fat ***, and into playin' in front of people. Mostly classic rock, country and oldies. Stuff people want to hear and have fun with.

I love to play in a variety of settings, and especially love open mics for some reason!! They offer me the opportunity to play a song that I can't play with my band, just me and my guitar!! I'm the bass player in our band, but I love to pick out those perfect songs that go with a just a lad and his guitar!! Maybe Rob should give open mics a try!! Lots of people just doing the songs they love, maybe not great musicians but all sharing from the heart!!

I remember one time an older Spanish lady would come to a certain open mic and just listen. She got up the nerve to get up and do a song, and grabbed a guitar straight off the rack and was going to play without even tuning up!! Of course everybody thought the same thing...here we go!! The owner of the store helped her out by tuning the guitar for her, then she proceeded to play "Dust in The Wind" in a Spanish style. She completely knocked it out of the park and left everybody in awe, it was so unique and cool!! Then, just like that she was done!! Never got up to do another, but that one performance was all she needed!!

Could Rob do this?? Ill bet he could!! Just one song is all it takes,'and there's a perfect song for him, I just know it!! How bout it Rob?? You in??

-
Back