Friends Shorty...

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this is totally rad????

Attachments

• dodge van 004.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 462
  • hrdp-1206w-long-haulers-pictures-with-tour-bus-9093.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 424
If I saw it I would be looking for a place to hide a small Canadian flag!! LOL

Steering wheel would have to go immediately!! Probably horrible on gas too! Not a big fan of the flames or the HOT ROD Power Tour logo etc on the side of it either.

I do like the van's paint scheme in front of it however!
Who doesn't love Old Glory?

If the van's a rockin.............

I'm pretty partial to the B vans myself, and seeing this makes me lament the passing on of Nellas van project!!

Tell your buddy I got a bunch of parts for B vans,'saved up for Nellas van but not used!! Cheep too, and some really nice items.'PM me for a list if you think he'd be interested!! Geof

One of my first times driving was in 84 in my dads 71 Shorty that my grandfather bought new. It had a 6 and a 3 on the tree manual. It was a cargo van and my grandmother was sitting in the back in a lawn chair. Well it turns out I was in 3rd not 1st and with some good revs and clutch slip I was able to get the van rolling into a corner fast enough to send my gramma toppling over in back. We abandoned that van up in the mountains of California but last time I looked I could still see it on Google earth. I kind of like them also. How cool would a modern mini-version be?

I had 2 Vans in the late 70s early 80s ,I was in a Van club called High Time Vans of So Cal, They were definatly some of the best times of my life. Lots of good memories .

Bob

Sure had a lot of fun in thoughs old vans.

I sold a steering wheel like that about 2months ago for $125.00.

Attachments

• parts for sale 016.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 206
The first ride I ever bought with my own money was a 68 A-100 shorty, it was an old C&P telephone van.
Put some paneling in, shag carpet, bed in the back, way too much fun in that old ride.

... Put some paneling in, shag carpet, bed in the back, way too much fun in that old ride.

Wayyyy back when I was getting ready for my first car date, my dad was a nervous wreck and told me "He better treat you like a lady, he better have you home on time. ... And he better not show up in a van."

Ten minutes later the longest Dodge Tradesman panel I've ever seen pulled up in front of my house. "There better not be a bed in the back of that thing."

It's a very good thing Jerry Van Riper was a courteous and respectful young man who marched right across the living room to shake hands with my father and promise he'd have me home by 11:00 ... or chances are really good that I'd have been shipped off to a convent. :-D

-
Back