From the country to the city.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I moved to a big city 2 years ago and it's strange..

One thing that bothers me is the fact that we can leave trash out front and there's no animals that mess with it..

Where I come from that **** would be all over your yard and they may even tear the door off your house or car to get it.

It's said that we have killed everything and folks just think thats normal and ok...

I hear ya, as I grew up a little north of you, and the animals were accepted local residents and not something to run off or kill because they might have been an inconvenience.
Basically the same thing happened where we live now with herds of antelope.

I moved to a big city 2 years ago and it's strange..

One thing that bothers me is the fact that we can leave trash out front and there's no animals that mess with it..

Where I come from that **** would be all over your yard and they may even tear the door off your house or car to get it.

It's said that we have killed everything and folks just think thats normal and ok...

should have moved to the city of chicago, there are still plenty of animals out there that will go through your trash

We just did the opposite we moved from the "city" (tiny town of Lewisburg, Ky) out to the country. We've owned/operated a 150 acre poultry farm for the last 3 years and we just bought 16 that use to originally be part of the farm we own. The new property is 16 acres with a nice brick house, a 1 car attached garage, an old 3 car detached garage with a concrete floor and a 40x70 (I think) shop!! Every morning I can get up, go out on the back deck and take a piss off the deck! Sure couldn't do that at the house in town!!
:lol:

What is a city??? Lol. I live 1.5 miles off the blacktop in south MS. My cousin from the city stayed with us overnight and she was worried about our critters from the woods. I told her that she was a lot safer with my critters than she was with the folks roaming her streets at night!!

Country, for Me. -- At My Cabin, in N.E. Pa. -- Wildlife pictures are from a Bushnell Trail Cam. --
SB - Barn - Blue Sky.JPG
SB - 2 Bear.jpg
SB - bigguy~1.jpg
SB - Turkeys - 1.jpg
SB - FOX.jpg
SB - BOBCAT.jpg
SB - Oct, 2007 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Magoo, are you anywhere near Banshee where the TV show was located?
I love the idea of living off of the beaten path. Traffic sucks ***. Too many people anywhere sucks ***.

Banshee was a show on Cinemax, their highest rated TV show to date. They ran 4 seasons. The last season, the lead character drove a black 1970 Charger.
The town of Banshee was fictional, I was kidding around.

Banshee was a show on Cinemax, their highest rated TV show to date. They ran 4 seasons. The last season, the lead character drove a black 1970 Charger.
The town of Banshee was fictional, I was kidding around.

wasnt that city in hazard county?

A few other things stand out to me down here.
For one just how unhappy everyone is, I mean there pissed! They honk there horn after the light is green for 2 seconds. Not just a beep beep but HOOOOONK. they won't let anyone merge over. I alway think how crapy is your life that letting that one car in front of you is just to much?

No one smiles , waves or gives a tip of the hat, for that matter no one wears hats... sure I see baseball caps but no hats. How do they keep the sun off there neck at work?

I'm gonna keep on doing my part, I smile and wave at my neighbors, I tip my hat to a lady and I take it off in doors. I'll let you pull out of the gas station and merge in so you can get to the exit you forgot was coming up.

I just gotta wonder how much better life would be if everyone just did these few small things?

-
Back