Status
Not open for further replies.

CUUDAK

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hey folks,
I converted my 68 Barracuda "S" to disc and have the factory drum setup complete with upper control-arms. They have been rebuilt with new wheel cylinders, shoes, bearings and hardware. IIRC I removed them with the new rubber line still attached. I removed them as an assembly with the upper control-arm still attached. Pretty heavy so shipping could be pricey.

Just throwing a number out there since it is required,
$210 plus shipping.

This setup is for a factory 68' 383 A-body. For some reason my car was ordered with drum brakes???

PM through the board. I can get pics if needed.

Thanks!

$55 plus shipping?? I think they will fit in a large USPS Priority Mail box.

USPS has a "game board" size large box, you just have to ask for it. It's a flat rate box too (I just found this out Friday).

USPS has a "game board" size large box, you just have to ask for it. It's a flat rate box too (I just found this out Friday).

Yep, and the weight limit is 70lbs! I prefer Priority Mail over UPS or FedEx anytime. 2-4 days and parts are delivered unlike the 7-10 from the other two. UPS and FedEx sit on packages until promise date in most cases, never delivered early!

Balljoints will need to be replaced. When I got the car I was told the frontend was rebuilt. All I see is the new brake hardware, shoes and hoses. The car drove and braked fine.

Attachments

• 1brake.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 1brake1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 1brake2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 468
" IIRC I removed them with the new rubber line still attached. I removed them as an assembly with the upper control-arm still attached. Pretty heavy so shipping could be pricey."
What does IIRC mean in the above statement quoted from original post?

Still got these! Anyone??

They are the larger drum brakes for bigblock 1968 A-body cars. Small bolt pattern.

In 67 Disc brakes were a requirement of the 62 engine code (383) in 68-9 it was optional. I guess they factored in cost to reality and found it wasn't really needed as a standard requirement? Thought I would put this out for future reference.

This setup is for a factory 68' 383 A-body. For some reason my car was ordered with drum brakes???

In 67 Disc brakes were a requirement of the 62 engine code (383) in 68-9 it was optional. I guess they factored in cost to reality and found it wasn't really needed as a standard requirement? Thought I would put this out for future reference.

For unknown reasons my 68 was special ordered with the drum brake setup. Think you and I conversed about this when my buildsheet was decoded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back