front clip question

-

jjr426

Reaction score
Just wondering a friend of mine just totaled her 67 valiant today poor kid she got hit at the back wheel and tore up the rear door quarter tore out the rear end she is very upset cant blame her. My question is this i know where a 74 valiant is will her front clip bolt on to the 74 body so she still has some part of her baby with her. Thanks in advance Justin.

I haven't been there to do that, but I'd bet a weeks check it would bolt right on.

s long as oyu used the whole front clip you could make it work. Jut need to check the body lines to make sure they match up

the only thing i can think of is where the front fenders mount to the rad support. 73-up is a bit different.

cool that does seem to help the whole front clip is there it wasnt hurt so i could take it all off and bolt it up on the 74 i may try it if anyone knows for sure if it will bolt up please let me know. Justin

I dont know if this will help but I did put a 72 scamp front on my 74 valiant. It bolted right on using all the scamp parts.

'67 - '76 Valiants have the same basic fenders. The only difference as far as looks is the side marker lights. There may also be some mounting bolt hole changes that may have to be drilled out but the body lines are the same. I have seen a 68' Valiant grill in a '71 Duster and it looked pretty cool. I would bet that all your friend would have to do is change the front bumper,grill and hood only to make the front look like the '67.

Chuck

If things dont work out I have been looking and need a 67 valiant front clip!, call me 831 588 8059..OH!..
I also have a very VERY good and complete front clip for a 76 Valiant if any one is in need.
thanks

No sorry 67 signet she wont sell it. I talked to her today and actually i am going to beat out the door and make it close and put a new leaf spring and gas tank in it and she wants to keep driving it for now till she can afford to have it fixed right you gotta love it she wont give up her baby she loves the car too much. I think its pretty rough she bent the frame rail, rocker panel, gas tank, broke the drivers side leaf spring, broke the shock off, ruined the quarter panel, rear door, where the door hits the striker it looks really bad but she just cant bear to part with the car. Thanks to everyone for the help. Justin

-
Back