Front clutch question

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Ok quick question on the front clutch in my 727. Upon disassembly and cleaning I looked at the plastic spacer that sits between the piston spring and the wave snap ring wrong and it broke in two. Short of orderign one from the city -3 hours from a tranny shop- Is there anythign that works well enough to use in place? Not sure what would happen if I just put the two peices in I dont think it could go anywhere but dont wanna mess things up.

Hi there,

I think you meant the rear clutch, not the front. The plastic spacer rings break often. I don't know of anything else that would work in it's place besides a replacement. HTH's

I've seen metal ones, probably from a much older tranny. Sorry I don't have any answers for you either other than to replace it.

Yeah I had some sorta Fruedian slip said front meaning rear. Figure I'll have to put a call into the tranny shop, I already had to get a new low/reverse drum as mine was scored. Just wish I woulda touched that spacer ebfore I made my order. Thanks anyways.

-
Back