front coilover questions

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i have the opportunity to get a deal on some new ridetech coilovers for my duster. i am really leaning towards them. BUT. is anyone running them without a cage tie in? i am doing auto-x,road racing,so i am not sure how to compare to a drag car setup. i am worried about the stress on the shock towers. i am sure i can come up with something of a tower brace. any input on anyone running them on the street or anything would be aprreciated.

going to have to reinforce the shock towers. they were never meant to hold the car up like that.

going to have to reinforce the shock towers. they were never meant to hold the car up like that.

hey joe. that's what i figured. have you seen any interesting ways to do that? the ridetech guy said they put them on their challenger and they have not had any problems. i don't want to risk it though.

if you really push the car i think it will slowly twist the frame rails. know a guy with a cuda that is/was running a magnumforce front end and the fender gaps opened up over time from the stress of no reinforcements of the shock towers..

magnum force makes this band aide for the problem..

Throw in a pair of forward struts to help resist torsional twisting of your front frame rails and in the process stiffen up your upper shock towers. (Mandatory on A-bodies).

image.aspx

Which shocks are you looking at? My shockwaves with Select Series shocks are in route now.

I like the MagnumForce reinforcement personally, but I don't know how rigid it is. You can probably build something similar but more rigid. If you have a cage, you can tie it in to your cage for additional rigidity, probably should actually.

Which shocks are you looking at? My shockwaves with Select Series shocks are in route now.

I like the MagnumForce reinforcement personally, but I don't know how rigid it is. You can probably build something similar but more rigid. If you have a cage, you can tie it in to your cage for additional rigidity, probably should actually.

i am looking at the ridetechs. there seems to be a few people doing the reinforcements like that in a kit. i do not want to cage this car,so i am not going that route.

-
Back