Front Cowl Cover

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
Anyone tried using a front cowl cover?
They make them for 65 mustangs and I saw one in person. Did not get a chance to measure if it would fit my early-a, yet seems to be the best bet to keep leaves out of the cowl. No fresh air coming in though...might order one and find out how it works out.

Anyone tried using a front cowl cover?
They make them for 65 mustangs and I saw one in person. Did not get a chance to measure if it would fit my early-a, yet seems to be the best bet to keep leaves out of the cowl. No fresh air coming in though...might order one and find out how it works out.

Save your money, I beat ya to it and wasted mine. The mustang cowl cover is too long and too deep for my 64ragtop and the hold downs don't match up with the slots in my cowl. The cover seems well thought out, with turn button hold downs and foam weatherstrip around the edges. I've kept the thing to use for an example to build (or have built) one that will fit my car. Those cowl vents are sure a junk magnet!

ATB

BC

Go to a sign shop and get a scrap of magnetic sign material and trim it to fit.

Well, doh!!! I saw that cool lookin' gadget for Mustangs and ordered it. Never even thought of the magnetic sign material!
Thanks for the reminder, Chief. I just keep forgettin' the K.I.S.S. principle (Keep It Simple Stupid)

ATB

BC

If you build one out of lexan or plexiglass, you can drill small holes in line with the vent slots to allow in fresh air while still keeping out leaves and sticks. Im sure you can drill the magnet material too, but I have no idea how clean the holes will look.

-
Back