Front disc brake conversion hoses

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
As I have posted before, my cuda has been converted to front disc brakes, and I am rebuilding the front end after finding my K-member was broken.
Well, it's reassembly time and I noticed a difference in brake hoses. one is definitely an A-body hose...it's exactly like the ones i just bought. the other has a shorter tube at the caliper end, and a longer hose. it s 2" longer overall than the new hoses. should I get the longer hoses for more assurance that there won't be any tightness?
Is the other hose possibly a B-body hose?

the parts store didn't have the hose for a b-body, so I couldn't look at it, and i wasn't going to order it til i found out here first.

If the short one was working and there is no noticeable problem, you should be fine using it. In most applications the left and right hoses are the same. Put the short one on the side that had the long hose and turn the steering lock to lock. If it doesn't yank on the hose, you're in business.

that's what i figured i'd do, BUT if it doesn't work, i'm going to need to know what the other hose is....
although, i suppose i can deal with that when i get to it..IF i have a problem

-
Back