Front disc brakes & sway bar

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
I am getting ready to start disassembling the front end on my '65 Barracuda. I am swapping in the '73-'76 disc brake setup and adding an Addco front sway bar. I see all kinds of threads & debates on here regarding where to mount the calipers & which calipers to use. Has anyone done this swap & added a sway bar? I have bought all of the parts that I need except calipers & brake hoses. I plan on mounting the Addco sway bar using their supplied "L" bracket that mounts using the lower shock bolt. Is clearance going to be an issue or is the bar designed to avoid clearance? If I need to go with rear mounted calipers it would appear that late '70s Volare calipers & brake hoses will work. I don't care either way I just want to buy the parts before I take everything apart & limit my down time as summer approaches. My overall goal is to improve handling & be able to stop the car. Thanks for any & all help.

The caliper was at the 11 o'colck position on the 73. It would hit the factroy swaybar on pre 73. My suggestion would be place the calipers at the 1 o'clock position and not worry about it hitting any sway bar you choose.

-
Back