front disc setup from 79-80 volare

-
Yes,I think so. M body disc's can be made to work also.

Not sure on the details so I thought I'd give you a bump.

does anyone know what it would take for them to work?
i originally heard that a bushing on the upper control arm needed to be changed, but im not exactly sure...

According to some sources you can use the spindles but will still need to use the 73-76 A Body large ball joint UCAs.

well that still wouldnt be too bad then as i might be able to get the whole running/driving car for $200
take the spindles, sell the rest of the car and buy the upper control arms
though i was sure that i heard they will work with just different bushings

FYI, check out Hemmings Muscle Car Mag. Feb 09. GTO on the cover They did a complete front brake conversion on an early A body. Used 73 & up spindles, calipers, rotors and caliper brackets from a 78 or 79 Cordoba. I duplicated for my 68 Dart and it worked great. You can get the rotors and calipers over the counter. Only thing you have to have is the caliper brackets. Got mine at the "bone yard" for $20. Total cost for the conversion was around $325.

They work on A bodies. You need the 73-76 Big Ball Joint upper control arms. The FMJ upper DO NOT work on a bodies.

Everrything else is a straight bolt on. No issues with lower control arms except some need some minor grinding to clear at extreme turning angles.

Yep, the FMJ stuff (bent bar cars) fits any A/B/E body car. You need the big upper ball joint so A body cars before 1973 need to change upper a-arms but that is it.

The late model FMJ knuckle is nice to use for brake swaps since it is lighter. It is also taller than the pre-1973 disc knuckles so you get a better camber curve.

Great info, still looking for the upper control arms, Mopar parts around here are scarce as hens teeth..........

Buy some aftermarket a-arms. Firm Feel has them in stock as do several other places.

-
Back