Front Dual Speaker And Bracket Install

-

71DodgeDemon340

Reaction score
This is my install of two kicker 3.5'' component speakers with our own ''FABO Member '74 Sport AKA Jerry's Front Speaker Bracket''. in my 71 demon.

Great bracket and is nicely and professionally made.

View attachment WP_000737.jpg

View attachment WP_000738.jpg

View attachment WP_000734.jpg

View attachment WP_000735.jpg

View attachment WP_000736.jpg

View attachment WP_000741.jpg

Big difference in sound. i have the two 3.5's up front and two 6x9's in the back powered by a new retrosound model one radio w 4 channels. works and sounds great.
If your interested in this bracket message '74 SPORT
he sells them for all A,B and E body cars.

Hey, I did ya one up so to speak. Looked at the setup and determined it could be seen looking into the front windoiw so I blacked the plate out. Then the screws were sticking up a bit and did not want to have scraping on the underside of the dash so I installed some two sided foam. The only thing I did not do was to put something like a sheer fabrac over the speakers to keep little cruds and such out of the speakers. This setup works great (THANKS JERRY!!!). Did you happen to install two of those reducer filters on the speakers. If not when the radio has bass it will make the speakers 'pop' because they cant handle it. Just an FYI!!
Chas.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 540
  • 002.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 555
  • 003.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 538
I painted my bracket too. I wanted to show the speakers off, so I painted my bracket is red.

Attachments

• 120721-Dash_Speaker_Bracket-02.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 556
I'm glad to see that fit. I fabbed up my own frame a few years ago, but haven't got around to trying to install it yet (I was waiting for when I was pulling the dash out for other reasons). I was worried that the slightly deeper magnets would hit the heater controls. But yours look a lot bigger than mine, even.

Hey, I did ya one up so to speak. Looked at the setup and determined it could be seen looking into the front windoiw so I blacked the plate out. Then the screws were sticking up a bit and did not want to have scraping on the underside of the dash so I installed some two sided foam. The only thing I did not do was to put something like a sheer fabrac over the speakers to keep little cruds and such out of the speakers. This setup works great (THANKS JERRY!!!). Did you happen to install two of those reducer filters on the speakers. If not when the radio has bass it will make the speakers 'pop' because they cant handle it. Just an FYI!!
Chas.

No i didnt need them i dont really like alot of bass atleast not in the demon i just turn the bass to -2 or -3 and turn the treble up to 4 or 5.

I may have to give this a try. One of my pet projects for my '74 Swinger is to put in an under dash quadraphonic 8-track player. I have a couple of craig/pioneer units that I have, just trying to decide on the lucky one. This looks like it'll solve the problem of where to put the front speakers.

I would like to buy a bracket for my 72 dart.

Thanks
Phil

This is my install of two kicker 3.5'' component speakers with our own ''FABO Member '74 Sport AKA Jerry's Front Speaker Bracket''. in my 71 demon.

Great bracket and is nicely and professionally made.

View attachment 1714570458

View attachment 1714570459

View attachment 1714570460

View attachment 1714570461

View attachment 1714570462

View attachment 1714570463

Big difference in sound. i have the two 3.5's up front and two 6x9's in the back powered by a new retrosound model one radio w 4 channels. works and sounds great.
If your interested in this bracket message '74 SPORT
he sells them for all A,B and E body cars.

-
Back