Front end alignment recommend for Maryland

-

sgaugian

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get my front end aligned for the first time. Any members know of shops in Maryland that will do alignment work?

The way I see it you have two choices, and a third that is a "not"

3....DO NOT go to a "big box" joint unless you have met no1. Most/ all of them have no idea on these cars, and many / most won't align to what it should be, and by that, I do NOT mean factory specs with radial tires

2....Learn to do it yourself. If you have basic tools and do your own work, you can actually do this. I did, I have severe joint problems, and it takes me a "long" time.

1....Do some footwork / legwork. you are looking for an old, established probably an independent shop, with "an old guy." Ask your local hot rod / car club guys. This, generally, is not something you'll find on the www. IF YOU are incredibly lucky you could find some guy at the "big box" joint who "gets" this and will do what you want. According to past threads on this board, "not"

Good advise because I am running radials and would like to get machine setting as accurate as possible. I have checked all the local shops "big box" shops and they have refused saying just won't do or corporate policy. I have done all the work myself so the mechanical work is no fear, just the right tools that i need to purchase that would attach to the wheels instead of the tape measure rough process. I do have one shop locally that says they will do but I have to call everyday to see if available, they don't take appointment. So far 4 days "tries later" no luck yet. If anyone can recommend if their is such a thing as a kit to use that is worth it (not junk) , please let me know. I feel that I will need to pursue this avenue in order to get it done, just as I did putting on the vinyl top my self.
Thanks for your info 67Dart273

Don at Cecil's Alignment Center. Edgewater Md. 231037 410-798-0181. This guy is 65, been around forever, and can align anything properly. Even heats straight axles on Big trucks for alignment.

Don at Cecil's Alignment Center. Edgewater Md. 231037 410-798-0181. This guy is 65, been around forever, and can align anything properly. Even heats straight axles on Big trucks for alignment.

Thanks for this, I had a problem finding a good alignment shop for this when I was in Delaware. Now that I'm back in the DC Metro area, it'll be nice to have this shop in my back pocket.

ATCO in Laytonsville said car was too old and they don't have shims to do work. Thanks

Bonebreak in Hagerstown is pretty good.
BONEBRAKE ALIGNMENT & TIRE
I had my 67 dart done ther and they had a guy who knew the old mopars. I handed him the specs i wanted and he got as close as he could. Couldn't get enough caster in, but he tried.
Not the friendliest group in the world but they've been doing allignments since the 1940's and mine have turned out well.
Haven't been there in 5 years though, id call and see if there mopar expert is still there.

You don't need any shims with mopars. Can you invest 400.00? I bought the long acre kit and turning plates. Works very well.

You don't need anything but a tape measure, a block of wood the size of the inside lip of the wheel, a level and some time. These alignment adjustments are cave man simple.

67dart273 vote for best post and /thread.

-
Back