Front End Rebuild 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340

-

TRWRacing

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here... I owned a 1971 Dodge Demon some 20+ years ago. I was a parts guy back in the day (I'm 46) and I am looking to acquire front steering and suspension for a mechanic to install. I did ball joints on a lift a long time ago and not feeling comfortable of doing it on the ground nor do I have all the tools.

I have been looking at Moog via RockAuto, PST, Kanter, YearOne and NAPA.

For ball joints and everything I have been leaning toward NAPA Chassis parts or Moog Problem solver line.

I want to do this once that we hopefully out last me since this car will be driven on nice days only about 1000 miles a year. I just got the car in Nov and I inspected the front end on a lift before purchase and during the test drive it has some play.

I am expecting the labor to be around $1500 - does that seem reasonable?

Thank Much!

I used all Moog components when I rebuilt mine, I bought new adjusting sleeves as well. RockAuto was the cheapest, even after the shipping charge. It took me about 3 hours to replace all of it in the garage, I would think $1500 would be reasonable including the parts.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to acquire all the parts myself and have a shop install them.

Eric

I also sourced MOOG parts (bushings and ball joints) from Rock Auto and had a shop do the work. It was here in Canada so the price won't be representative. A few members recently have mentioned MOOG ball joints are not what thy used to be in terms of quality control so watch out for that.

Don't know where you live but just had Ball Joints replaced for $270.72 you $1500 sounds outrageous.

Yes, the whole front end and not just the ball joints and including shocks. I am abit Leary of Moog in terms of quality. Any thoughts on Napa Chassis parts (high end)?

I want to the job done right the first time. Better to pay now to do right than twice and learn a mistake later.

-
Back