Front end rollers

-

matarcher

65dartonly
Reaction score
Hey FABO!

i'm an architect by trade and been seeing alot of threads with pictures of people fabbing up rollers/dollies....

so i took some time to go out and take some measurements of my car. i draw one for you guys, attached is the drawing i came up with. the smaller picture is one from a post i saw.

if im right these should work for any A-body. the bolt hole locations uses the stock bumper bracket locations. the bottom plate hole locations may be different depanding on what caster/wheel you use.

let me know if i forget anything or if you want me to send you the PDF. you are all welcome to have it.

-Matt

FRONT ROLLERS_Page_1.jpg

FRONT ROLLERS_Page_2.jpg

Nice work. I am presently building a set similar to yours. I, too, am using the bumper bolts to mount it. Looking at some of the other designs posted, I will likely also add a lift bar to the front to allow K-frame/engine/suspension to be removed and replaced from underneath. I have not yet decided how high I want the car to sit, though; higher allows me more room to work under it, but also makes it more difficult to paint the roof. What a conundrum.

Ver nice, but you can't read the measurements. I printed them out thinking I could use them to build a set and nope the measurements are so small they don't print but a small dot.

Riddler

I see no weld details, but assume a 1/8" fillet weld all around (typ).

Also, a horizontal tie-bar (could be bolted in) would make the whole system much stronger for those who have rough or uneven work surfaces.

I see no weld details, but assume a 1/8" fillet weld all around (typ).

Also, a horizontal tie-bar (could be bolted in) would make the whole system much stronger for those who have rough or uneven work surfaces.

i left the weld symbols off for two resons, Honestly, one, im not very knowledgeable about weld symbols, and two i figured the welder would now what would work the best. i believe the 1/8" fillet weld would be fine....

the mountes are desinged to roll the car WITHOUT the k-member. mine is out so i didn't even think about it interferring with the rollers if it was installed. i will go do some looking today and see it is going to be a problem and adjust the drawings accordingly.

thanks for the input guys it is a great help to have more than one mind when working on something. :-D

finally got them done, made some in field changes, extended the angle support down. but here it is mounted to the car.

-
Back