Front end swap 74 Dart Sport to nonbeak front

-

jbaker72157

Reaction score
What all is needed to swap out my 74 Dart Sport's front sheetmetal to that of a demon or duster? I just don't care for the beak front end, I haven't looked at a duster up close but it almost looks like I could use the same fenders and maybe just change out the hood, but I honestly have no idea.

fenders foward from a 1970-1972 dart hood fenderes bumpers grille you need it all

The beak rocks...you really want to get rid of it?

Everything in the picture is what you need. I swapped my 73 Dart over. The first picture is the day that I pulled it home.

Attachments

• Dart day 1.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 2,242
  • Front end.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,668
  • ride3.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 2,030
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up not getting the original dart sport and found another 74 sport that the PO had started converting to a 71 demon clone.. I'll be picking it up tomorrow and starting resto thread then.

could you use 70 Duster front end with the Dart sport fenders?
or go '73 Duster and keep the Dart sport fenders?

just'wondering

could you use 70 Duster front end with the Dart sport fenders?
No. Dart Sport fenders are too long. It might work with 70-72 fenders if the caps are removed.

or go '73 Duster and keep the Dart sport fenders?
No. Dart Sport fenders are too long.

If you want to convert the front end, you need a front clip like BADart shows. Although you may want to make sure the headlight bezels are from the same year. The one of the left looks like a 70-71, the right one looks like a 72.

-
Back