front fender placement of GTS emblems

-

thejoejoe3

Dart Vader
Reaction score
dose anyone know the measurement of the holes for the GTS emblems, so I can get them in the right spot, I got the car without front fenders so I don't know. thanks again, joejoe

I could take pics of my factory emblems, but can’t help with holes.

Hi. You may know this? If a 69 GTS the only time the GTS emblems went on the fenders was if the car was Stripe Delete ( no trunk stripe) Sorry if I stepped on toes. I didnt want you drilling holes in fenders for no reason :)

^or a 67.

I have a 69 Stripe delete car if you need to know about where they are placed on the fender.

GTS.png

Hi. You may know this? If a 69 GTS the only time the GTS emblems went on the fenders was if the car was Stripe Delete ( no trunk stripe) Sorry if I stepped on toes. I didnt want you drilling holes in fenders for no reason :)
I didn't know that, I learned something new today, thanks, joejoe

to the 68 GTS guys, can someone please take a straight on pic of the front fenders (drive side and pass side) all the ones I find are on an angel, straight on would be easier to get scale to determine where the holes are drilled, thanks for any and all pics, joejoe

a big THANK YOU to Hamerhead and FABO this is what I needed, thanks again for posting your pics, joejoe3

I didn't know that, I learned something new today, thanks, joejoe
Thanks for sharing info. My 69 came with decals and were not supposed to be there. I was wondering why I don't have gts on my fenders. Turns out I will be removing the decals..they were not applied well anyway. See photo. You see decal but no front fender gts.

20240406_155933.jpg

If your car was delivered from the factory without the rear bumblebee stripe it will have V88 code on the fender tag. It would have either GTS or Swinger badging on the front fenders in place of stripe depending on the model. Whoever installed the stripe probably knew this and omitted putting them on. Just my guess / opinion.

So to make my gts correct I should remove my rear stripes. Vin and fender tag say it's a GTS 340 4 barrell. The original owner added the stripes because he thought they would help sell the car. Said stripes were not there originally nor were the gts emblems on the front quarters. So I'm guessing I would be safe removing the decals, they don't look that good up close any way. See photo

20240406_155933.jpg

Does your fender tag have V88 on it? If it does then it would have the letters on the front fenders, simple as that...

-
Back