Front fender support bracket?

-

Shainesboostin

Reaction score
My 70 Dart, seems as though it's missing something from.the front end. I assume there should be some sort of support bracket. The fender just pushes in. I also see two bolts on the frame (pictured) that I'm not sure where belong or what they do. Does anyone know if I can get reproduction brackets? Or am I just way off?

20160923_175117.jpg

20160923_175051.jpg

20160923_175117.jpg

20160923_174930.jpg

20160923_174924.jpg

It will be interesting to hear the responses here.

Yes you need front fender braces. Not aware of any companies reproducing these for A bodies but there is a pair on Ebay right now or maybe a FABO member has some to sell. Oh by the way, your front strut washers are backwards

Yes you need front fender braces. Not aware of any companies reproducing these for A bodies but there is a pair on Ebay right now or maybe a FABO member has some to sell. Oh by the way, your front strut washers are backwards

Think the guy above has some. What are backwards? Do you know what the two bolts are in the picture?

The rear bolt is part of your bumper bracket, holding the inner and outer brackets together when removed from frame or bumper itself. The front bolt is where your fender brace bolts to.

The rear bolt is part of your bumper bracket, holding the inner and outer brackets together when removed from frame or bumper itself. The front bolt is where your fender brace bolts to.

What he said. One of the bolts is for the end of the support brace. The other bolts the bumper brackets together (2 separate pieces). You can see both in my pictures below.

Pictures of the bumper support brackets. Never mind the lengthened one and the arrows, that's tire clearance modification stuff.

IMG_1950_zps72a4664c.jpg

IMG_3544_zpsvnqc8dk8.jpg

Oh by the way, your front strut washers are backwards

This will start an endless debate as it always does, but they aren't necessarily backward. The direction of the washer was changed over the production run of the cars, as did the style of the bushings on the strut rods. The fact that they're loose is a bigger problem anyway.

"front", cupped side toward the bushing
70-swinger-003-jpg.1714565490.jpg

If you can see it clearly, these Moog washers say "this side to rubber". Opposite of the one above.
mog-k7040_xl.jpg

100% agree with 72bluNblu on the strut washer/bushing! Just replaced mine with Moog.

My '72 Demon was missing one, but it was tubular. I made a replacement from 3/4" electrical conduit.
Yote
image.jpeg

-
Back