Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking for missing peices to complete
My front fender trim .does anyone know whats missing in the pics
I think it is turn indicators and small trim peices .also need correct trim clips or
IMG_20200415_180714_01.jpg
whats needed
Someone filled holes that it did have for trim
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

IMG_20200415_180714_02.jpg

IMG_20200415_173150_02.jpg

IMG_20200415_173150_03.jpg

Picture 209.jpg
67 dart GT had top mounted turn signal indicators
Can not tell from your photos but if yours is a 67 the profile look odd. The rear over the quarter looks correct.

If it is 68 or 69 I can't help

Post some detailed photos of the rear piece and the front piece.

First off what year are you working on?
What trim package are you working ok?

Yes, you are missing the fender turn signals as shown above, and about 20 holes to put the trim clips in up and down the quarters, doors, and fenders. There is NO WAY I would drill all those holes now after paint, you are just asking for problems! The trim and clips are on the side edge of the entire length of the car on both sides...

67_dart_conv.jpg

I have been putting chrome back on 67 Dart GT's for decades, not something I would do if the holes are filled. Do you know how they were filled? Bondo or welded? If bondo, it won't be too bad, if welded you are in for a world of hurt. There is one large hole where the light bezel and wire goes through the fender then a small screw at the front that holds it on. I had the clips reproduced 20 years ago by Mr. G's, don't know if he still has them but they are plastic with 1/4" holes that have a plastic pin that holds it in place, again tough to fix if the holes are welded, though you can drill new holes near the old ones. the end hole would be the toughest as that is a different metal clip that holds that end on.

Turn signal
IMG_20200415_193819.jpg

Looking forward at driver's door, notice the profile look different then your photo.
IMG_20200415_193922.jpg

Looking toward the rear
IMG_20200415_193946.jpg

Rocker trim, about 3 inches tall 7 feet long
IMG_20200415_194002.jpg

Trunk trim panel and surrounding trim
IMG_20200415_194018.jpg

Hood trim
IMG_20200415_193845.jpg

. I had the clips reproduced 20 years ago by Mr. G's, don't know if he still has them but they are plastic with 1/4" holes that have a plastic pin that holds it in place
The top trip clips are available, I forgot where I got my set there is a post in the last year or so that had the source

Yes, you are missing the fender turn signals as shown above, and about 20 holes to put the trim clips in up and down the quarters, doors, and fenders. There is NO WAY I would drill all those holes now after paint, you are just asking for problems! The trim and clips are on the side edge of the entire length of the car on both sides...

View attachment 1715508826

They come up once and a while. Things to watch out for.
  1. The light bulb is in a round metal tube that is attached to the amber colored lense. Many times this attachment is broken.
  2. If the lense is good but the chrome is bad with a little work you can seperate the two with out braking the lense. You will have to drill and tap a small hole and fashion a retainer to put it all back together again

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back