Front Hard Lines and Braided "soft" on the cheap?

-
I've got a cheap arse HF flaring tool and it works great once you figure it out. Do the double flares and stay safe on the brake lines.

If I remember right, close the side closest nut to the line being held almost all the way, then tighten the furthest and use the leverage as your friend.

I use different size sockets held in a vise to bend lines. Anything from 1/4" drive to 3/4" drive. Works for me.

Great looking work Revhendo! :thumbrig:

Your doing a very good job on those lines 805.

I've got a cheap arse HF flaring tool and it works great once you figure it out. Do the double flares and stay safe on the brake lines.

If I remember right, close the side closest nut to the line being held almost all the way, then tighten the furthest and use the leverage as your friend.

I use different size sockets held in a vise to bend lines. Anything from 1/4" drive to 3/4" drive. Works for me.

Great looking work Revhendo! :thumbrig:

Your doing a very good job on those lines 805.

thx everybody for the input!

got it all together and bled... of course its dark! so i didn't see any leaks but im gonna clean everything and make sure the air is out and no leaks tomorrow!

This is a bad mech. Stay far far far away..

I'll stick by what I wrote any day of the week.

Compression fittings are ok on lines that don't deal with lots of pressure - not brake lines! Compression fittings on a fuel line = ok. Compression fittings on brake lines = HACK. Ever see compression fittings on brake lines from the factory? Didn't think so. With cheap-*** bean counters running the show, the factory would do it if they could get away with it. Think there's a good reason why they don't use them???

Wylde1.

Compression fittings on a brake system? No frog, NO! Get the liscence numbers on the cars that guy has worked on and drive in the opposite direction anytime you see them.
OK, I`ll backpedal a bit here. Guess what I`ve seen is splice fittings. forgive me?8)

For the flare tools, I do what crackedback said plus I clamp some vice grips on the tool close to the line to keep if from slipping. Works every time.

bend cork screws before the master, supposed to keep any air from going/rising up into the master.

Actually the original concept of the spirals in the lines going to the master was to prevent the lines from stressing and cracking or loosening the fittings when the body and frame flexed.

yeah and that too, I knew someone was gonna say that, body flex/firewall flex.

unless sucked back, a air bubble will get stuck there in the spiral if rising, but thats just what I think.

-
Back