front hubs

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
have a 1971 valient has 4" bolt circle drum on the front , is there any newer swaps i could get to get 41/2 drums ? i would just stay with the drum brakes thanks

use 10" or 11" B-body spindle/drum assemblies with late model A-body upper control arms with large ball joints. browse thru RockAuto, I "think" the lower ball joint from disc brakes the same as B-body drum??? but don't quote me.

use 10" or 11" B-body spindle/drum assemblies with late model A-body upper control arms with large ball joints. browse thru RockAuto, I "think" the lower ball joint from disc brakes the same as B-body drum??? but don't quote me.
Yup, B or E body setup will work. A disc brake system would be even better though.....

The B/E body drum swap will work and give you the 5x4.5” bolt pattern.

But, those spindles use the large upper ball joints so you will either need ball joint sleeves (DoctorDiff sells them) or the later large upper ball joint UCA’s. Which will mean you’re about 75% of the work to a 73+ disk conversion anyway. And of course you’ll have to source those drums, like A-body drums nobody reproduces the drum hubs for the B/E’s either so you’ll need to find a good used set of hubs.

I have a complete OEM Formula “S” front brake set if anybody is interested. Includes caliper brackets, 4 piston calipers, rotors, pads. I ran my car a little in the 80’s so went Wilwood for weight reduction.

-
Back