Front & Rear Bumper Stabilizers 68 Barracuda

-

Barracuda Bum

Reaction score
I installed new bumpers and stabilizer brackets on my 68 Barracuda. What i'm not sure about is the bolts that go from inside the front fenders & rear quarters to the bumper stabilizers themselves. Are their suppose to be plastic washers that go in between the painted body and the metal bumper stabilizers? if so where can i buy some? Thanks in advance for your help.

White foam circular gaskets, not sure if these can be bought separate, Detroit Muscle has them in their exterior paint gasket seal kits.

If you have purchased multiple spindles of blank cds/dvds, you've thrown away similar usable gaskets.

If you have purchased multiple spindles of blank cds/dvds, you've thrown away similar usable gaskets.

a lot of the gaskets on my 68 form S were simply white open cell foam. I made those that I needed, the stuff is easy to come up w/. What I do need are 2 of the stabilizers. anyone got a couple cherry ones ?

Thanks for your responses gentlemen, i was hoping that Ma Mopar used something more robust then just foam gaskets. I think i'll come up with something else besides foam. Sorry i dont have any extra stabilizers that are worth a lick. I bought all new from AMD, you can pick them up for 25 to 30 dollars a pair. Dont buy them from Tamarz parts though, they have super slow shipping & sent me the wrong parts last time i ordered them up.

More robust isn't necessary. In fact nothing at all is really necessary there. The open cell foam will wick water in but release it again too, like wood or sponge, except those swell and shrink. Silicone could capture/hold water. Natural rubber rots.
Choose wisely honorable Grass Hopper. Good luck

-
Back